Should I buy eggs or wait it out?

I am not dead yet (sometimes that is a very real possibility). Today I finally got the motivation to make bread. I just walked into the kitchen, and happened to look in the window to see the bread rise about four inches. Good timing, huh?
A person in Pennsylvania is in need of someone to take her flock (17) while she shows her house, and finds a new one with more property... And one that allows the chickens she sorta kinda isn't supposed to have. I'm tempted to volunteer. I just don't know what she is used to as far as looks. My coop isn't the best looking, and the roof of the run needs fixed. They would be safe, have room and lots of vegetables to eat. I still have a lot of last year's garden offerings in the freezer. I never lost a bird to anything strange. Maybe I will offer. If I manage to not incubate eggs, I'll be fine. If someone goes broody, I'm in trouble unless the owner wants the chicks. I wouldn't have the will power to break a broody right now.

If you're up to it, MC, I'd say it might be a good distraction. Sounds like a good low commitment way to have some birdies around the house.

Awesome that you made bread, I used to make all of our bread and I kinda quit doing it. My son wants me to start again though....

Hey MC! Foster chickens sound like good fun (and fresh eggs). I don't imagine there will be many offers made to take her flock. She would supply all the food, right?

I am not dead yet (sometimes that is a very real possibility). Today I finally got the motivation to make bread. I just walked into the kitchen, and happened to look in the window to see the bread rise about four inches. Good timing, huh?
A person in Pennsylvania is in need of someone to take her flock (17) while she shows her house, and finds a new one with more property... And one that allows the chickens she sorta kinda isn't supposed to have. I'm tempted to volunteer. I just don't know what she is used to as far as looks. My coop isn't the best looking, and the roof of the run needs fixed. They would be safe, have room and lots of vegetables to eat. I still have a lot of last year's garden offerings in the freezer. I never lost a bird to anything strange. Maybe I will offer. If I manage to not incubate eggs, I'll be fine. If someone goes broody, I'm in trouble unless the owner wants the chicks. I wouldn't have the will power to break a broody right now.

I googled Clearfield and it's quite a ways from me, I'm in the southeastern part of PA.. I hope she finds someone to do that for her.

Last edited:
I am sure she would supply feed since it's one less thing to pack and move.
Debby, you all live in south east Pennsylvania. It's like the rest of us don't exist sometimes. Lol.
Scrambles, until my life works out, I am not doing anything that might upset Dave. I just got in trouble for not going grocery shopping. He left me with no food (beyond the three remaining cases of instant Cream of Wheat we got from a load) and his mother told him I hadn't gone yet.
I don't need anymore trouble.

Back
Top Bottom