Should I?

HowIsItDone

Chirping
Mar 19, 2024
South Eastern Ontario
Hi everyone.

I couldn't have chickens where I used to live, and now I can, and I want to have chickens, and now I'm terrified to have chickens, so I am planning to do it anyway.

I need a coop and run, a brooder with side doors (because I want my chicks to feel safe with me as they grow), and I'm nowhere close to started on any of it, so I will learn, and think and read.

So far, I've got nothing.
Starting from "scratch".

Glad to be here. Your advice is gold.

a brooder with side doors (because I want my chicks to feel safe with me as they grow)
Welcome to BYC! :frow

I want to have chickens, and now I'm terrified to have chickens, so I am planning to do it anyway.
That's my two favorite reason to do anything.. because I want to and it terrifies me! :woot

So far, I've got nothing.
Starting from "scratch".
Fun pun. Stuff is just stuff and supplies are important but I can tell from your post.. you've got something already.. where it counts! ;)

a brooder with side doors (because I want my chicks to feel safe with me as they grow),
I already have wire dog kennels on hand (in larger sizes).. but they have been excellent brooders with only minor modifications.. and raised to table height is also a helpful addition to the use of front/side (not top) opening doors.

Not all advice is gold, but the freedom of access to consider it and find out what might work best in YOUR environment is, or can be.

Happy adventures! :wee

Back
Top Bottom