Show Off Your Games!

Quote:
What CUDA said also if I am not mistaken, some oriental breeds have real tight feathering which causes them to look like this on and off on their necks and there breasts.

I picked these up at a swap, they aren't the greatest but they were practically giving them away LOL Are they Hatch? And are they any good?
31967_henely_hatchery_chicks_191.jpg

Here is the hen, I know she is not good but I was wondering if the rooster is worth anything
31967_henely_hatchery_chicks_192.jpg

you know one persons trash is another's treasure !! and beleive me this is true true true !!!
You never know where you will find good ones - nomatter what anyone says , rely on your likes not other's sarcasm .

The rooster has fought threw sometime during his life but looks like he eats good enough , bottom bill looks the worst for wear . You could trim the top bill some(not into the quick) to better match up with bottom bill .
Good Luck

Quote:

Quote:
upthecreek pretty much said it. I couldn't tell you if they're good or not, as I believe a true game should be that - game. As I like to preserve them like they should have been instead of just to look nice. For the very same reason I would like to acquire some game Old English Game Bantams (though they pretty much are non-existent in the US...). But, looks wise I'll say I like them. The hen I would say is some kind of hatch, but the cock could be anything from a Kelso, Radio, or Yellow legged hatch. Some clarets even come similar.. Or he could be a kelso/hatch, sweater/kelso, or whatever odd cross someone has done..

-Daniel.

Quote:
The breed of Cornish are gamebirds but the quality of Cornish that hatcheries sell is a disgrace to the Cornish breed, they do not represnt what they are supposed to look like at all, that is why I say that hatchery Cornish are not gamebirds nor should be considered the Cornish breed at all. If you want REAL Cornish you should contact a breeder.
smile.png

A lot of the US Cornish I wouldn't call game, even from breeders. They're just table/show birds. In the UK/other parts where they are called Indian game I have heard of some people selecting for gameness, so I guess you could call those games. But they're still not like a true game, more of just a feisty table bird
big_smile.png

Quote:
The breed of Cornish are gamebirds but the quality of Cornish that hatcheries sell is a disgrace to the Cornish breed, they do not represnt what they are supposed to look like at all, that is why I say that hatchery Cornish are not gamebirds nor should be considered the Cornish breed at all. If you want REAL Cornish you should contact a breeder.
smile.png

A lot of the US Cornish I wouldn't call game, even from breeders. They're just table/show birds. In the UK/other parts where they are called Indian game I have heard of some people selecting for gameness, so I guess you could call those games. But they're still not like a true game, more of just a feisty table bird
big_smile.png

What chickenlover and DT chickens both wrote is right - Hatchery Cornish are so disgustingly far from the real breed I don't see how people who buy them don't complain. Oh wait - Because hatchery customers don't know what to look for in a breed otherwise they wouldn't get from hatcheries.
roll.png

But even with that, breeders do indeed seem to only have ëxhibition Cornish in the US, not actual Gamefowl.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Mine are plain as day to me at 4 weeks if not sooner. Usually I can tell the difference as soon as they start to get their chest feathers. All of my breeds are black breasted so the stags all have black chest feathers.

Can anybody give me tips on sexing pumpkin hulsey?

Thanks chief!
smile.png

You can probably pay attention to color, and be able to tell when they feather out well. I've never owned Hulseys, so this is just a guess. But involving Hulseys I've only ever seen the roosters come pumpkin/white/red. The hens are usually a light wheaten coloration.

-Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom