Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Two Lemon Blue hens brooding in the same nest box. They've got about 10 eggs between them. Should be hatching off any day now.

Very pretty hens!! Dang I need a cockerel, lol...

I have a pair of Self Blue hens doing the same thing, have 9 eggs and should be hatching soon too...
Hope they do well!! :)

Last edited:
Very pretty hens!! Dang I need a cockerel, lol...

I have a pair of Self Blue hens doing the same thing, have 9 eggs and should be hatching soon too...
Hope they do well!!
smile.png
My Lemon Blues have done very well this year. I've hatched off a bunch. I got tired of incubating and they decided they'd pick up the slack. I put a few other eggs under them when they started, so it won't be all lemon blue. Hope your hatch turns out good as well.

My Lemon Blues have done very well this year. I've hatched off a bunch. I got tired of incubating and they decided they'd pick up the slack. I put a few other eggs under them when they started, so it won't be all lemon blue. Hope your hatch turns out good as well.

Thanks! I stuck other eggs in too, lol.
Incubating this year seems to be all over the map, think the climate change is messing with things. Broody's do so much better! :)
Every Lemon Blue AND Brown Red egg I have gotten that hatched this year are all pullets. Idk what's going on with that, lol.

Last edited:
Thanks! I stuck other eggs in too, lol.
Incubating this year seems to be all over the map, think the climate change is messing with things. Broody's do so much better!
smile.png

Every Lemon Blue AND Brown Red egg I have gotten that hatched this year are all pullets. Idk what's going on with that, lol.

My Lemon Blues started laying late, so mine are not old enough to tell. I got several Lemon Blacks and Splash as well. I didn't hatch a single Brown Red until May, then they started really popping. My LB's are female line, so hoping for some really nice pullets. Wouldn't mind my lemon blacks turning out to be pullets, because my BR lines are both male.

My Lemon Blues started laying late, so mine are not old enough to tell. I got several Lemon Blacks and Splash as well. I didn't hatch a single Brown Red until May, then they started really popping. My LB's are female line, so hoping for some really nice pullets. Wouldn't mind my lemon blacks turning out to be pullets, because my BR lines are both male.

Would love to see pics of the Lemon Blacks... :)

Back
Top Bottom