Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Update on a chick from the Easter Hatch. He's not OEGB, but I hatched a little Turken cross that @abbevilleoz and myself contemplated how he turned out black. As you can see, he's not black, he's barred, which makes perfect sense since his dad is a Cream Legbar.

Blue Brassy, Brassy and Blue Brassy Sport. I hit the trifecta.

The Blue Brassy didn't pip, and I was convinced it was dead in the shell, so late last night I opened the top to see what happened. The chick was very weak and not chirping. I freed it's head and put it back it the hatcher, fully expecting it to be dead in the morning. When I checked today, it appeared dead, so I went to remove it, but it had a little tone and was squirming a little. I took it out of the shell, put it back in the hatcher, again expecting to find it dead when I returned. About an hour later, I found it up and moving about with the other chicks. Go figure.

Lazarus would be a good name for that one!

Update on a chick from the Easter Hatch. He's not OEGB, but I hatched a little Turken cross that @abbevilleoz and myself contemplated how he turned out black. As you can see, he's not black, he's barred, which makes perfect sense since his dad is a Cream Legbar.

Now if you were trying to get that it would have been much more difficult! :gig.
That is s cool looking chicken!

Now if you were trying to get that it would have been much more difficult! :gig.
That is s cool looking chicken!

Thanks. He has to be het/split for recessive white. I need some pullets that look just like him, to add the other copy of that barred gene.

He's completely tame. I don't have to pick him up. Just hold my hand out and he gets in it. OEGB chicks get that way as they get older, but I've never had chicks do it from the start.

Well after getting some strait run hatchery special chicks as a gift i some how happened to get a self blue pair, a red pyle pair, a spangled roo,and a duck wing pullet! And the ods of it all to get three pairs! Well i love them enough i want more! Im wanting to see if anyone has any eggs or pairs for sale? Id take any color of oegb eggs cross colors i dont care. Pm me if you have any for sale Please!

A few new pics of some of my crew. All mixed except my SDW's.

My only SDW girl behind her man here...

@abbevilleoz , this is Harriet
wink.png

And my 2-1/2 week old SDW's. They love to sit with me in the evenings.

Male or female?

@Austinspoultry will pm you.

I got 4 new OEGB hens on Sunday. 2 laid eggs yesterday. She thinks they are around a year old. I mainly got them to give my SDW boys some "toys", so they aren't too hard on my only SDW hen. I have 4 SDW eggs already in my incubator, on day 4. Opinions on color? And what might these make with SDW males?
The first one looks like a Ginger red and the second one like a blue ginger since her tail feathers look kinda grayish instead of black.

Back
Top Bottom