Sick chicken. Weird egg. Bad poop.

They can swallow a whole pill, even a really big one, just fine. They can swallow frogs, lizards, etc, a pill is not a problem. Just pull down on her wattles to open her beak, put the pill in and push it back a little, she will swallow it. If you don't get it quite far enough back and she spits it out, try, try again. It's actually pretty easy. If you mix it in food they will often avoid it or refuse it. It's easier to just give it directly, and you know they got the whole thing.

They can swallow a whole pill, even a really big one, just fine. They can swallow frogs, lizards, etc, a pill is not a problem. Just pull down on her wattles to open her beak, put the pill in and push it back a little, she will swallow it. If you don't get it quite far enough back and she spits it out, try, try again. It's actually pretty easy. If you mix it in food they will often avoid it or refuse it. It's easier to just give it directly, and you know they got the whole thing.
Thank you so much for all your help. I will start to give her that today.
Have a great day! :)

Thank you so much for all your help. I will start to give her that today.
Have a great day! :)
Also here are a couple of pics (gross) of the poop I am worried about.
Hopefully you can see what I mean. The newspaper makes it a little difficult.
It’s runny. Usually more watery than this shows (again newspaper is absorbing it) and a few of them (Legbar) have messy bums.

Attachments

• IMG_5553.jpeg
    IMG_5553.jpeg
    407.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5552.jpeg
    IMG_5552.jpeg
    383.6 KB · Views: 6
Very good info from coach 723. The normally white urates in her poop look yellow. That could be a sign of liver involvement, possibly due to a reproductive disorder, infection, or water belly. Is her lower belly under her vent enlarged, spongy, firm, or tight?

Very good info from coach 723. The normally white urates in her poop look yellow. That could be a sign of liver involvement, possibly due to a reproductive disorder, infection, or water belly. Is her lower belly under her vent enlarged, spongy, firm, or tight?
Thanks for your info. Unfortunately she didn’t get any better this week and we lost her. Checking her after, it looks like it was ovarian cancer. Sad day here today. She was a sweet little hen. RIP Reba.

Back
Top Bottom