sick hen (won't eat or drink, wont stand, pale comb,)

LandonE

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2024
I have a sick lavender orpington hen who is 2 years old and is having some issues the symptoms are listed above I treated her for cocci and she was vaccinated for Newcastles and mareks so I don't believe it was those three please any suggestions I know a lot about chickens but im stumped here @Eggcessive I could really use your help

Last edited:
I'm so sorry about that. It could be the heat. I'm not an expert but when our hen wouldn't eat we gave her scrambled eggs & wet bread which she ate. If she still won't eat try feeding her with a syringe? I've never done it but I've heard it can work. Also try getting her some water with electrolytes. I have seen some more experienced people on the forum suggest sugar water with baking soda & a pinch of salt for electrolyte water.

I personally could not diagnose your hen but if you could upload some pictures of her and her poop that would probably be helpful if anyone more experienced were to reply to the thread.

And if I've said anything wrong hopefully someone more experienced can correct me. Best of luck treating her!

Back
Top Bottom