Silkie: Silver Partridge or Lavender?

Here are some more photos of her!

They still aren't great. I'll get more clearer, light correct photos next week with my camera.

Also, I was surprised to find my Cockerel hasn't bothered her once yet. I thought he would have been pestering her.

IMG_9365.JPG

IMG_9366.JPG

IMG_9367.JPG

IMG_9368.JPG

IMG_9369.JPG

The only Blue that the breeder had was her own variety of blue splash that she was working on but each colours are kept separate.

She is lighter in person than on the photos, I'll have to try and get some better ones tomorrow.

Could lavenders x lavenders produce blue? Blues are still really nice so either way I'm happy!

I'm sure I was told a while back that lavenders were created from blue Silkies and that's it's just a lighter blue, but I'm not entirely sure, genetics isn't my strong point.
Lavender is a recessive gene, so I'm guessing a blue or splash rooster got in the pen and she's a lavender split (has one copy of the gene that isn't showing).

Lavender is a recessive gene, so I'm guessing a blue or splash rooster got in the pen and she's a lavender split (has one copy of the gene that isn't showing).

That's always a possibility.

Unless the mother or father had the gene for blue and the one I got turned out getting that gene? All of the siblings were the pure lighter lavender colour.

That's always a possibility.

Unless the mother or father had the gene for blue and the one I got turned out getting that gene? All of the siblings were the pure lighter lavender colour.
If one parent was blue, it wouldn't be lavender. I suppose your hen could be lavender over blue, but I still would expect her to be a lighter color.

If one parent was blue, it wouldn't be lavender. I suppose your hen could be lavender over blue, but I still would expect her to be a lighter color.

I'll probably never find out how she was created so maybe she was a result of an wandering blue splash/blue or something.

Although I do now think she is blue regardless what what colours created her.

I have no idea what my white Cockerel crossed with her would produce. Blues that carry the white gene?

Maybe I'm lucky now that I've ended up with a showable colour rather than the non showable lavenders.

I'll probably never find out how she was created so maybe she was a result of an wandering blue splash/blue or something.

Although I do now think she is blue regardless what what colours created her.

I have no idea what my white Cockerel crossed with her would produce. Blues that carry the white gene?

Maybe I'm lucky now that I've ended up with a showable colour rather than the non showable lavenders.
It depends on what is underneath his recessive white. If it's black, then you'll get 50% blue and 50% black. If partridge you'll get 50% blues with leakage and 50% black with leakage.

It depends on what is underneath his recessive white. If it's black, then you'll get 50% blue and 50% black. If partridge you'll get 50% blues with leakage and 50% black with leakage.

I think he is from black but I couldn't be 100% sure.

I'll just look forward to seeing what I hatch when the time comes.

Thankyou for helping me out with that :)

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread :confused:

Anyways, I was away for the weekend and came home today. I noticed Oogy had new feathers come into her crest and the front has turned the lighter colour.

She has new feathers sprouting in the darker part of the back of her crest too but they're still small so I can't see if they are lighter or not.

This bird is messing with me...:lau

IMG_9481.JPG

IMG_9482.JPG

IMG_9484.JPG

IMG_9483.JPG

Back
Top Bottom