Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 799 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
Since Mango
Yes!!! So yesterday, she was pretending to be soooo uninterested in the chicks.. i swear she was even whistling w her toes crossed.. then when I let my guard down, she went straight for the tiny silkie. I figured, ok, let her "win" and it'll be over.. but nope. The little chick laid flat and she still went after her! So i grabbed her and then put the babies away.

I don't know whether to pull all the chicks out of the mini coop and put her in there, or just leave the silkies in there (but they are so bonded to the rest of their little flock). It's just another instance where this big fluffy butt is causing problems. The polish are too big at this point to be in there, so I need to make some sort of change.
I get it...so hard to watch em adjust and hope they get along but worry they are gonna get hurt.
Talk bout helicopter moming!

They’re soo pretty!! The feather patterns are just amazing. They also had self blues, whites, and porcelains in the show (the self blue is amazing) but I missed my chance at getting a porcelain in the sales barn…they had sold first thing at 7:30 am 😩😩 But the breeder said she will have more if I contact her in the future 😍
OMGeeze! That middle pic is that MF and the porcelain or the self blue color!, that hen is stunning!

Yall my BYC is acting so flaky...so forgive me if this posted and I cant find it.
Since Mango, Milli and Vanilli have been rehomed, lil Joey is doing this really weird low honk noise. He does it almost constantly. He's acting normal otherwise. They are all satin silkies so I wasn't sure if this is a growing cockrel takin on his new role of the flock or what?

I hadn’t ever seen LF silkies either, until yesterday! I went to a Poultry Show in Lodi and there were a lot of very large silkies! I was shocked to see how big they were! They were at least 3 times the size of mine. I wish I’d gotten some pictures of them. They were amazing! They also had a couple of Tolbunts that were bigger than one of my Marans 😳 So many beautiful chickens! I of course came home with a couple…not silkies though—they didn’t have any for sale by the time we got there. A mille fleur d’Uccle and a bantam light Brahma…they’re so sweet and beautiful 😍
So cool! Photos of your newbies?😊

Yall my BYC is acting so flaky...so forgive me if this posted and I cant find it.
Since Mango, Milli and Vanilli have been rehomed, lil Joey is doing this really weird low honk noise. He does it almost constantly. He's acting normal otherwise. They are all satin silkies so I wasn't sure if this is a growing cockrel takin on his new role of the flock or what?
You rehomed Mili and Vanilli?! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom