Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 799 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
Help chick broken leg? Char may have squashed it? It was fine yesterday! Had to be partridge one didn't it!!! 😢 Can I help it!?
View attachment 2985589

always give sesame seeds to the chicks that have any leg issues.

my first hatched silkie chick was running inside the bator and got splayed legs. I put a small rubber band and it looks ok so far. they all got sesame seeds, chick starter and honey water. so only 4 chicks hatched: 2 silkies, 1 brahma and 1 white leghorn.

Hi everyone. I'm looking into getting some Silky chicks from someone I know but just thought I'd check with ya'll about the price. Is ten dollars a good buy for a silky chick?
Yes, I've paid more for someone investing their time and money in the whole chick hatching process.

Hi everyone. I'm looking into getting some Silky chicks from someone I know but just thought I'd check with ya'll about the price. Is ten dollars a good buy for a silky chick?
Agreed.😊 $10 is more than reasonable for a straight run Silkie chick.
Much depends on where you live. I charge more than that for mine.

Joey didn't sound good when I went to coop this morning...breathing eith his beak open and little sneezes...he's eating but not drinking.
He did crow a little but just sits around. Poop looks normal.
Am I overreacting? I've got him inside since it is in 20s.
Ok.. so.. not sure if he has an actual problem.. but thats how my chickens act when they are in the house. They also breathe through their mouth because they are warm. They hit the sofa or blanket or my lap and just go into chicken wonderland.. I'd say its most like hes sleeping on a lounge on a warm beach. I don't eat or drink much then either, unless a beach server brings me a fresh fruit alcoholic beverage, then i open my eyes slightly and smile, and then cuddle up w my drink.

Last edited:
Comatose house pets.. sorry for any duplicate past posts 📫
Their indoor and outdoor behaviors are like night and day.

20210118_224523~2.jpg 20200828_145317.jpg 20200828_150240.jpg 20201108_220116.jpg 20200903_161734.jpg 20200816_155231.jpg

Ok.. so.. not sure if he has an actual problem.. but thats how my chickens act when they are in the house. They also breathe through their mouth because they are warm. They hit the sofa or blanket or my lap and just go into chicken wonderland.. I'd say its most like hes sleeping on a lounge on a warm beach. I don't eat or drink much then either, unless a beach server brings me a fresh fruit alcoholic beverage, then i open my eyes slightly and smile, and then cuddle up w my drink.
He was doing that in the coop outside...that's why I brought him inside

Back
Top Bottom