Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 799 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
How? Next time I find a silkie chick, I’m buying one.
Figure out what needs to be done to finish high school, possibly early, open a bank account, work on weekends/summers, buy a car, make a college game plan. Ultimately it puts you ahead of the game. I had a cockatiel mecca and a dog within a year of moving out.

Figure out what needs to be done to finish high school, possibly early, open a bank account, work on weekends/summers, buy a car, make a college game plan. Ultimately it puts you ahead of the game. I had a cockatiel mecca and a dog within a year of moving out.
All that for a silkie? Still a little off until college. I’ll just pay for the chick.

This one looks like an early quitter. I see no clear veining and breakdown of the embryo causing the darker areas in the egg.
I would pull this one.🙂
Here is one of my day 14 eggs, the photo was taken at day 13, you can clearly see veining and activity at this point.View attachment 2988406
Yeah I thought that was the case when the others from Mango n them were mich further along at day 7...but wanted to get yalls input.
Thank you

My dad doesn’t like them :hmm
I just got 3 Silky chicks on Monday. My dad isn't the biggest fan of them either.:( But I'm starting breeding projects with Sebrights and Easter Eggers recently. So my parents paid for a incubator and chicken food and every time I hatch chicks I give my parents some of the money for the expenses. I'll get it paid off eventually. And they get eggs as a bonus. My dad doesn't like Silkies because they don't lay as good my other chickens. But as long as I pay for them I can keep them.

I just got 3 Silky chicks on Monday. My dad isn't the biggest fan of them either.:( But I'm starting breeding projects with Sebrights and Easter Eggers recently. So my parents paid for a incubator and chicken food and every time I hatch chicks I give my parents some of the money for the expenses. I'll get it paid off eventually. And they get eggs as a bonus. My dad doesn't like Silkies because they don't lay as good my other chickens. But as long as I pay for them I can keep them.
Nice! Mine doesn’t like them because he thinks they can’t see through that “poof”.

Back
Top Bottom