Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 799 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 97 11.7%

• Total voters
OK it’s been six whole day since I posted photos of Hotaru! I think I’ve shown quite a bit of restraint.🤣
23 days old today.
Photos just now, you can really see the red coming in. She has a few black spots at the base of her tail and some on her head, they haven’t changed much yet.😊View attachment 3051974View attachment 3051975View attachment 3051976View attachment 3051977View attachment 3051978
She is an absolute doll!!!
Remind me again what shr is mixed with? Was it cochin?

Since I just got em for the interested party thought I'd share em with ya @LadiesAndJane
They are gorgeous! I'm definitely keeping the lil vaulted skull paint! And 2nd guessing the potential cockrel paint (blood lines!)
Lil black one has had a hard entry into the world but I think once it had a good molt those feathers will pop on out there and make it's little head more normal lookin...or is it just me from seeing it confined in that shell for so long I've got a tainted view lol!?
These two are looking pretty girly so far. The little black one looks fine she’s just got a cute little face!😍

She is an absolute doll!!!
Remind me again what shr is mixed with? Was it cochin?
Hotaru is looking satin! Do you plan on keeping her?
Thanks, I just love her!🥰
She is half bantam Cochin and half Silkie. Red Cochin mama and paint Silkie dad.
She was an accidental hatch, I thought it was a Silkie egg! But definitely keeping her, she’s a real sweetheart.
So technically she’s not a Satin as she’s only 50% Silkie and most Satins are at least 90% Silkie (6 or 7 gen minimum).She could be used though to start a Satin line!😊

How could you not love a silkie 🥰

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1649254629678.jpg
    FB_IMG_1649254629678.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom