Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

No you aren't, sheesh, I didn't even know it was coming then boom, there it was! Yes, I suppose I'll host something one of these days. I'm out of town this weekend so it won't be this week anyway! Got any good ideas?

As a matter of fact, I do. First idea, would a totally not original one, a "guess how many candy" contest! I think I've had the most fun on the candy guessing Easter contest last year! Maybe do two, one along with the rest of the Easter contests, and maybe a second one during Easter time for us Orthodox peeps? Second idea is also Easter themed, instead of doing an egg hunt, we could do a photo contest to find the best camouflaged chickens? Third idea, has to be a chick-mum-dad-learning contest. The title could be "baby chick school, photos of mums teaching their chicks about the world around them" we already have a broody contest, but we don't have one that showcases the essence of a broody; which is teaching the chicks how to chicken! All fowl included, however. Not just chickens. As I was writing this, I realised that we don't have a "best dads" contest. So a contest showcasing the best dads in the fowl world would be excellent as well! Congratulations once again on the achievement Debbie, you'll be a great project manager :hugs

As a matter of fact, I do. First idea, would a totally not original one, a "guess how many candy" contest! I think I've had the most fun on the candy guessing Easter contest last year! Maybe do two, one along with the rest of the Easter contests, and maybe a second one during Easter time for us Orthodox peeps? Second idea is also Easter themed, instead of doing an egg hunt, we could do a photo contest to find the best camouflaged chickens? Third idea, has to be a chick-mum-dad-learning contest. The title could be "baby chick school, photos of mums teaching their chicks about the world around them" we already have a broody contest, but we don't have one that showcases the essence of a broody; which is teaching the chicks how to chicken! All fowl included, however. Not just chickens. As I was writing this, I realised that we don't have a "best dads" contest. So a contest showcasing the best dads in the fowl world would be excellent as well! Congratulations once again on the achievement Debbie, you'll be a great project manager :hugs
I love these! You are so creative!!

There's a couple that REALLY sparked my interest, I mean, they're all great and I'll come back to think through them all a bit more, but the "baby chick school" would be so fun and so unique! So is the "best dads"!

What is the best camouflaged chickens? Like ET in the closet with the stuffed animals type of camouflaged?

So awesome! Thank you, Fluffy! ❤️ :hugs

I love these! You are so creative!!

There's a couple that REALLY sparked my interest, I mean, they're all great and I'll come back to think through them all a bit more, but the "baby chick school" would be so fun and so unique! So is the "best dads"!

What is the best camouflaged chickens? Like ET in the closet with the stuffed animals type of camouflaged?

So awesome! Thank you, Fluffy! ❤️ :hugs
How about a beard competition! :lau

20240228_213951.jpg

I've got a local egg customer who has some silkies saving eggs so I can set them on the 9th of March for the Easter Hatch Along. I have 3 incubators full of eggs now. One is set to hatch on the 8th. l may be cutting it close. Worst case scenario is I will have to fill the 4th one and that is a most likely solution. My little silkies are beyond cute. With gardening season in full swing I come in so tired at night I forget to take any pictures. It's supposed to start raining tomorrow so I'll have time when I'm rested to take some solo pictures of them.

Currently have 3 incubators going. The silkies are something else. If they have an attitude to go with their colors and feathering I'm in trouble.
I have a spicy silkie rooster, he's not bad but he's all underfoot and does body slams into your feet. And, I also have a totally adorable chocolate hen who flogs my hubby's feet when he's walking in the pen to give them treats. She pecks his feet, kicks them, walks in top of his feet, until he gets their treats on the ground :lau I know it's not good behavior, but she's so cute...

So you might just have some color matching attitudes 😁

I need to find a way to get good pictures of the last hatch. I got two beautiful pullets from an Easter Egger Roo and RIR hens. Golden feathers with black hackle and wing feathers. The silkies are adorable. The one with the feathers growing backwards seems to be the ring leader of the whole hatch silkie or not.

Back
Top Bottom