Silver Ameraucana

Will you destroy or sell? (I'm not in the market, just curious.)

ETA, should add, give away.
Will sell or give away.
Good luck! I have 10 beautiful lavender EE cockerels to find homes for here in SE MO and have no idea how to do it. I was going to try FB Marketplace, but ... can't sell animals there. How will you market your birds?
I'm in a homesteading group on Facebook for my county where I post a carefully worded post with pictures and instructions to PM me about details.

Did you happen to see this post from a few days ago? There are some pics in the comments (and disagreement).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/realAmeraucanagroup/posts/2445873878950896

@NagemTX did you see this post? Sorry if so, I just worried it might have gotten lost in the OT.

That FB discussion did not go into red leakage, but the breeder did talk about how reluctant he was to cull for color in young Silvers. But since you're the one who first shared that group with me, you may have already read it.

Do you have more Silver cockerels to choose from?

@NagemTX did you see this post? Sorry if so, I just worried it might have gotten lost in the OT.

That FB discussion did not go into red leakage, but the breeder did talk about how reluctant he was to cull for color in young Silvers. But since you're the one who first shared that group with me, you may have already read it.

Do you have more Silver cockerels to choose from?
I have over a dozen right now. Out of the eggs I hatched I only got two females the rest where all males.

Ugh, that's a lot of boys! Which one looks best to you so far?
Right now I have like 4 ish with no red leaking that I can tell. I'm also fighting with them not eating enough. Got them separated now and wetting the crumble and pellets plus going to worm and start treatment for coming.

Not sure what's causing the lack of weight gain at the moment. I've been checking and no parasites I can see. It's been dang hot and dry here after the last torrential rain that flooded my yard foe a week. So trying to be on the safe side.

Right now I have like 4 ish with no red leaking that I can tell. I'm also fighting with them not eating enough. Got them separated now and wetting the crumble and pellets plus going to worm and start treatment for coming.

Not sure what's causing the lack of weight gain at the moment. I've been checking and no parasites I can see. It's been dang hot and dry here after the last torrential rain that flooded my yard foe a week. So trying to be on the safe side.

Hmm, that sounds frustrating.
The last time I had chickens mysteriously go off feed it was due to the feed going off very subtly. It's really wet here sometimes, between opening the bins to feed each day and keeping scoops dry...
Well, when I got a fresh bag they all chowed down like they were starving.
But if you've opened a fresh bag since your bad weather that probably isn't the issue.

Hmm, that sounds frustrating.
The last time I had chickens mysteriously go off feed it was due to the feed going off very subtly. It's really wet here sometimes, between opening the bins to feed each day and keeping scoops dry...
Well, when I got a fresh bag they all chowed down like they were starving.
But if you've opened a fresh bag since your bad weather that probably isn't the issue.
Lights installed tonight to see if eating picks up. Going to get them a pumpkin and a watermelon tomorrow.

Good luck! I have 10 beautiful lavender EE cockerels to find homes for here in SE MO and have no idea how to do it. I was going to try FB Marketplace, but ... can't sell animals there. How will you market your birds?
Have you noticed that you can't sell birds or eggs but if you do a search they both show up for sale? I get so frustrated. You can list on craigslist though.

Back
Top Bottom