Slightly disturbing...

Quote:
We dont know it is fake - it might be 're-combined'. I think it is fascinating, albeit a bit weird.
I'm certain there is a logical, Oriental sort of way to viewing this. Id like to know more.

We made it in class!
wink.png

Recombined egg. Just like the ham, bologna, etc. that you buy at the deli.

Edited: It's mainly made for those "fancy" restaurants that must have "perfection." It keeps them from having to boil egg after egg, after egg only to find out that the eggs don't have the yolks perfectly centered. Decoration if you will.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yep, also used in salads to get the "right" sliced hardboiled egg. And the writing is Japanese, you can buy it in chinatown/japantown in larger CA cities. (speaking of which, i'm out of dashi
hmm.png
)

My mother-in-law uses something similar because she doesn't have the manual dexterity/strength anymore to crack or peel eggs.

They use these at many different kinds buffets! Its a cheap quick alternative. Some prefab deli's use these to make their 'homemade' salads in their cases. Those are nothing new! But still don't make me think they are very appetizing!

They taste just like any other eggs that were purchased at the store then hardboiled. I can't tell the difference other than the texture. My hard-boiled yolks are flaky...these aren't.

Back
Top Bottom