So excited to finally be a chicken mom!

emyancey

Chirping
Feb 18, 2024
Northern New York
Hi! I'm Erin. I have wanted chickens for years!

My chicks are hatching on April 17, 2024 (my grandma's birthday). I have three Easter Eggers, three Olive Eggers, two Buff Brahmas, two Black Australorps, and two Barnevelders coming from Mt. Healthy Hatcheries!

My dad is going to help me build a coop modeled after the Carolina Coops American 6x24 model which I am very excited about.

My husband owns and operates his family's small dairy farm which I love. I have wanted chickens forever! He's not much into it, but I got my way at long last! I work full time as a Senior Official Court Reporter for the State of New York and wish I could quit and be a full-time chicken mom and dairy farmer and sugarer and be outside doing something much more fulfilling. I used to do chores two nights a week and fill in when needed. My husband and his parents also own and operate a large sugarbush so I help with that as well. We live in Northern New York and it's very rural. We have two dogs and three cats 😍 We hope to have kids soon.

When I am not at work or helping out at the farm or sugarbush, I like to snuggle my babies, bake, cook, and craft - mostly hand embroidery! I also do a fair amount of hiking (we live just a handful of miles from the Adirondack State Park).

I have been researching everything chickens for a while now and kept coming across BYC and decided to join. I am very happy that I did. I am planning on tent brooding and have been researching that a lot now that I have decided on chicken breeds, a hatchery, and a coop.

Back
Top Bottom