Speckled Sussex

MrschickenDad. Those are a great pictorial progression. Thanks. I love SS but think I read they go broody easily. Is that so? I'm too new @ this to hatch yet, and breaking my EE's broody was too hard on all of us.
hit.gif
I have no Roo either.

I also read they go broody frequently and for me that was a selling point - I'd love to have a broody and so far neither of my BO's (also said to go broody regularly) have been interested.

HEchicken I see you have a black star... Are those the same as BSL. If so how's the feet? my new BSL chicks have weird feet. Is it a breed thing or problem.... Opps this counts as hijacking Sorry... won't do it again

Quote:
I don't know about broodiness in SS, they haven't started to lay yet. Too bad you're so far away, I have an extra cockerel!

My cochins go broody at the drop of a hat, so less than that isn't broody to me!

I got 2 SS chicks today that are just a couple days old. I had never even heard of this breed, and thus hadn't planned on getting any, but they were the most charming chicks at the feed store. The coloring really is beautiful and they already do seem to have that curious personality people talk about.

I loooooove mine, Just got a Roo.

My hen is super sweet follows me everywhere and when I talk to her clucks back. Hilarious!

I would recomend them to anyone
smile.png

Mine are very sweet and personable....Let me pet them and so nice! Really very pleasant....Just love them.... Ah Mahonri,,,,, If I had been closer I would have grabbed that granddaughter of mine and brought her home!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom