splash silkie hen X white silkie rooster?

Since your rooster is homozygous for dominant white, no. The only thing you could possibly get would be splash paints (pretty much white) from that rooster. That would only happen if he was from a blue paint line and was blue underneath the white. That cross would give you 50% blue paints and 50% splash paints.
This is because a homozygous dominant white bird crossed with a bird with no dominant white genes will produce 100% paint offspring (heterozygous dominant white).
The splash will pass on in a similar way. The hen will give all of her chicks one blue gene, making blue offspring. To get splash birds, you need to find a rooster that will also pass on another blue gene. The offspring that receive a blue gene from both parents will end up splash.

Of you need me to go in depth on blue or paint breeding just ask. I was trying to keep this simple as I can, but it still might be confusing. If you need I will answer any other questions you have.
so i’m able to get another color instead of white. will blue give me splash chicks?

so i’m able to get another color instead of white. will blue give me splash chicks?
Blue will let you get splash chicks, yes. When crossing a blue chicken to a splash chicken, you will get 50% blue offspring and 50% splash offspring.

i can also get chocolate i think
When crossing a chocolate rooster with a splash hen, you will end up getting sexlinked chicks since the chocolate gene is on a sex chromosome. All of the male chicks will be blue split to chocolate while all of the pullets will be mauve. This doesn't help you get any splash chicks, but it would produce interesting colors and sexlinks which is nice. If you really wanted splash chicks and to also include the chocolate gene, them I would suggest a mauve rooster. That would give you 50% blue and 50% splash split to chocolate cockerels and 50% mauve and 50% chocolate splash pullets.

Blue will let you get splash chicks, yes. When crossing a blue chicken to a splash chicken, you will get 50% blue offspring and 50% splash offspring.

When crossing a chocolate rooster with a splash hen, you will end up getting sexlinked chicks since the chocolate gene is on a sex chromosome. All of the male chicks will be blue split to chocolate while all of the pullets will be mauve. This doesn't help you get any splash chicks, but it would produce interesting colors and sexlinks which is nice. If you really wanted splash chicks and to also include the chocolate gene, them I would suggest a mauve rooster. That would give you 50% blue and 50% splash split to chocolate cockerels and 50% mauve and 50% chocolate splash pullets.
awesome! I already asked for blue, chocolate sounds awesome though!

The blue paints we bred were a mix from a splash mixed rooster crossed to buff laced polish (dominant white). Only one hen hatched with no blue spots, every other one was white with blue leakage.

Since dominant white and splash are two different, unrelated genes they can be mixed to create blue paints and there won't be additional dilution. My guess would be that the issues you read about was splash paints. The the dominant white would only leak the splash in small areas and since those spots would be splash, these birds would pretty much be all white.
My splash hen with mauve roo makes some gorgeous chicks. She's with a blue rooster since a couple of days ago, so we'll get some more blues and splashes from them. The NN satin paint silkie I'll put with its sibling, a black rooster from paint parents, except I don't know where this guy got his lacing from then. I know my mottled rooster can count as black too, so maybe best to just use him with her instead of this one, as both are satin and I'd rather get silkie.

It's just all fun to me. I'm not after trying to perfect anything, just hatch chicks as so many around here want them.

Here's the cockerel that was from the breeders' paint and mottled pen. The other two mottled are black with white blotches.

laced black roo.JPEG

Back
Top Bottom