Splayed leg duckling

@isaac o might be able to help you if you can get a more clear picture of the bubble area. How long has she had it? Is this a picture from today? How old are they?

I just noticed it this evening while it was in the tub. They are somewhere between 5 and 6 weeks old. I know its nose it clogged a bit. The vet tried to clear it. The vet also gave me an antibiotic for upper respiratory infection. When it breathes it makes a little squeaky sound. Poor little thinking catch a break. :(

0408212100.jpg
0408212100a.jpg
0408212100b.jpg

That is really odd. I hope someone else can weigh on and help you. Do you have an Avian vet anywhere near you? Did you find the vet wrap and try with their legs?

If I were you I would start a new thread about the bubble on her neck and post photos there - perhaps that will draw in some more medical advise than I have to offer.

@pricejacquelene , if you gently palpate the mass, how does it feel? ( hard, firm, soft, liquid-like, or filled with air?)

Palpation of the area should be done in a gentle manner to prevent reduction of the crop space which may cause fluids to come out of the esophagus.

@pricejacquelene , if you gently palpate the mass, how does it feel? ( hard, firm, soft, liquid-like, or filled with air?)

Palpation of the area should be done in a gentle manner to prevent reduction of the crop space which may cause fluids to come out of the esophagus.
It feels like it full of air like a balloon but if I push a little I can see the liquid moving. It doesn't seem to bother it. I only seen it when the duck was wet in the tub. They seemed happy and fine this morning.

Back
Top Bottom