Star gazing vs wry neck?

It is worth a call to see what it costs. Some labs will email a prepaid mailer for overnight shipping. But the body needs to be kept cold and sent overnight shipping. Looks like the cost is $54 for a necropsy, but I don’t know if that is current.

The little cockerel died overnight, and i am devastated. I know many would say "Just cull your flock" but I truly don't have the heart to do that, and I also think they all deserve a chance. Here is a picture of the hen(she makes circles), once I isolate her I will get a picture of her poop. I found another hen with a white spot/film over her eye, and yet another one limping. it is so disheartening. View attachment 3930095

I am in texas.

It would be over $200 for shipping and the neocropy....and that's not even including mareks testing 😖
I'm sorry about the cockerel.

@Kiki $200 for testing/necropsy in TX?!!! You got any other options?

@Silkie2299781 can you get photos of the eyes of the hen? Let's go back over what you feed too.

Between the necropsy, testing, and shipping, yes it was around $200.

I feed layer pellets to the hens and the "chicks" (the cockerel that died) have grow feed, other than the occasional escapee.

Yes, I will get a picture.

I do want to add: I believe this all started when:

I switched to un-organic feed
OR
It was 103 degrees for multiple days. 🥵

So usually her eye is closed:
Screenshot 2024-08-28 9.49.20 AM.png

But if I open it, it looks like this:
Screenshot 2024-08-28 9.50.10 AM.png

I put colloidal silver in it. She eats and drinks like normal, but she does sit at the bottom of the run on a spool(some other healthy ones do too, so idk if she usually does or not)

Back
Top Bottom