Staying as Healthy as We Can Food and Pesticides

Never a video camera when I need one!
Coco squatted, and Jaffar came running across the yard, jumped high up and landed on Coco. But his trajectory was off, and he slid off and did a nose plant in front of her. (He got back up and was embarrassed and walked away) :lau:gig
Watch out for chemicals in the fruit and veg with chickens. I will from now on .

It makes me sad what happened too my little amber :(

Another thing I learned through this video clip, bananas have a lot more chemicals when the stem is green.
That was a new one on me too.
I lived around banana plantations in Central America. My landlady's son in Costa Rica was an executive with Dole. In CR and Jamaica they put protective bags around the cluster of banana fruit to keep flying insects from laying eggs, so they don't have to use pesticides on them.
While there I also learned about floating row covers to keep cabbage moths off of brassicas. That precludes needing pesticides on them as well. European cabbage moths are a real problem here.

I lived around banana plantations in Central America. My landlady's son in Costa Rica was an executive with Dole. In CR and Jamaica they put protective bags around the cluster of banana fruit to keep flying insects from laying eggs, so they don't have to use pesticides on them.
While there I also learned about floating row covers to keep cabbage moths off of brassicas. That precludes needing pesticides on them as well. European cabbage moths are a real problem here.
Butterflies and caterpillars completely destroyed my broccoli last year i would love too prevent this from happening again

It would be wonderful if I could get hold of their bananas :)

Butterflies and caterpillars completely destroyed my broccoli last year i would love too prevent this from happening again
The cabbage moth is the source of the caterpillars. They are the pretty little white butterfly looking things with the black spot on the wings.
Try this.
https://www.gurneys.com/product/flo...HtOxYs5vQUeFpUNQyWo9A7tjdf8guY7UaAiFuEALw_wcB
I get mine from Hummert International. They have a retail outlet close to me.
Various thicknesses can also be used for frost protection.

Does anyone have the actual link to thr YouTube video? I use BYC on the app and sometimes I have a hard time getting videos to play, but I can copy a link to my browser and watch. Thank you! I am very much interested in this topic. We have an organic garden and last year was the first year I used row covers on my brassicas and squash. What a difference in bug destruction.

Back
Top Bottom