Stormcrow's Hobby Farm

...and I chose not to get milk goats, though we love goat cheese, due to the time investment and start up costs.
My dh asked why I wanted goats. I said for their ability to keep the honeysuckle and Virginia Creeper and poison ivy and wisteria under control! Plus I love animals.
🐐🐐🐐
We currently have a 4' chain link fence around the backyard, a little less than a quarter acre, that needs to be replaced on one side where two trees fell and destroyed a section. Once repaired I could add something to the top that would discourage traversing.

50 yard rifle, still dialing the scope in. Forget one click left two clicks up more like eight clicks left six clicks up. Let's just say the goats are in no danger of culling yet
1714236820753529270362013125436.jpg

At least we are on the board. Blue tape is me, at least my grouping is decent. Circles are my dad, little larger caliber, no no pad on his stock. We got to fix that.

Hammer marks around the screw head....?

But dang, that makes me want to put some holes in something! I have a T-Shirt from Camp Perry that says, "Competitive Paper Puncher."
Yes, I set 3" screws thru 4 layers of plywood, then walked it out to my temporary frame. Didn't feel like running 120' of electrical to drive 6 screws, knowing It was just a weekend job until I set something larger and more permanent, so hammer, liberally applied. ;)

Yes, I set 3" screws thru 4 layers of plywood, then walked it out to my temporary frame. Didn't feel like running 120' of electrical to drive 6 screws, knowing It was just a weekend job until I set something larger and more permanent, so hammer, liberally applied. ;)

The follow up is going to be two 4x4 posts, set in the dirt berm, 2x4s top and bottom to keep them parallel, capped with a 2x6 to further stiffen the top.. I'll put in some eye bolts, use 'biners to hang the surface I'll tape targets too, then used a 1x2 or similar at the back bottom of the target board to provide weight and help keep it from rocking by providing a physical stop.

gap the 4'x4s with about a 5' spacing, outside to outside, and hang a 4' x 4' target board inside.

Because overbuilding...

(though it seems like I can probably go 3' x 3' and space things much closer together, hang a 2x2' target board. I'll need to take a tape mesure out and check some things.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom