Stormcrow's Hobby Farm

Good luck. :fl

I've heard critters are causing big problems for a lot of people. Several have complained about squirrels. One of my neighbors is shooting red squirrels out of his mulberry tree with a pellet gun.
There are lots of squirrels because there are lots of nuts. Or WERE lots of nuts..

Trap TWO, still empty.

17186242547271372458302878014022.jpg

Last edited:
You may want to cover the trap with some branches and leaf debris to sort of hide it. Be careful not to block the door. We also put a thin layer of leaves or soil to hide the inside floor.

Don't know what animal you may have but best bait we've found for fox was stale glazed donuts or honey buns. They did not enter for chicken, pork, fish or cat food. A friend said they like sweets. Never would have though it.

You'll only get one shot. If something doesn't go right, it won't enter it again.
That's true with most predators.... and the problem with relocating. I have caught people in my side drive releasing. They say they didn't see the house for the trees. I point out the no trespassing signs they are parked by and the one they are facing.
I have to use foot traps for a lot of my predators.

That's true with most predators.... and the problem with relocating. I have caught people in my side drive releasing. They say they didn't see the house for the trees. I point out the no trespassing signs they are parked by and the one they are facing.
I have to use foot traps for a lot of my predators.

About the 3:35 mark I have video of a bobcat getting caught in a snare before pulling it tight. He surveys the situation, leaps and hang the snare on a sapling, and backs out of it. Then continues to use the pass under the fence with the snare out of the way. When I found the snare I thought a human had found it and moved it off the fence crossing to spite me.

They’re smart critters. My local tom defeats my live trap by flipping it sideways and pushing the door open. I can get a crack at him every 6 months or so by moving it and changing the presentation. Next time I try I’m going to stake the trap so he can’t flip it.

I only ever called him in once. I missed the shot and he would never come back to a call set again. I’ve been hunting him almost 7 years. He’s got to be old by now. He stands about knee high at the shoulder and is the size of a coyote.

About the 3:35 mark I have video of a bobcat getting caught in a snare before pulling it tight. He surveys the situation, leaps and hang the snare on a sapling, and backs out of it. Then continues to use the pass under the fence with the snare out of the way. When I found the snare I thought a human had found it and moved it off the fence crossing to spite me.

They’re smart critters. My local tom defeats my live trap by flipping it sideways and pushing the door open. I can get a crack at him every 6 months or so by moving it and changing the presentation. Next time I try I’m going to stake the trap so he can’t flip it.

I only ever called him in once. I missed the shot and he would never come back to a call set again. I’ve been hunting him almost 7 years. He’s got to be old by now. He stands about knee high at the shoulder and is the size of a coyote.
Very smart cat

Back
Top Bottom