Stressed from moving or ill?

Muser

Chirping
Jun 30, 2023
Hi, I picked up a buff orpington x brahma which is a lovely bird, relaxed and is eating already, but the Salmon Faverolle I picked up at the same time, seems really stressed, she's puffed up, closing her eyes a lot and making a little bark noise when something noisy happens in the coop. Is this just the stress of moving/transport or have I got a sick bird on my hands? She seemed healthy and running around with the rest of the birds when we went into the hatchery.

They've only been in the new coop for about half hour.

She's started eating and moving around a bit, poor girl, I think she was just very stressed! I hope it's just that anyway.

Yeah she wasn't well, I isolated her from the coop as she declined a bit. The farm I bought her from replaced her for me and now I have a healthy happy Salmon Faverolle <3 He looked her over and could see she wasn't too well but could be treated and said he had checked the rest of his flock for any signs of which he said there were none. He's going to isolate and treat her, which I was glad about as I felt guilty handing her back over, poor thing. My new girl is great though and very friendly so I'm pleased!

Yeah she wasn't well, I isolated her from the coop as she declined a bit. The farm I bought her from replaced her for me and now I have a healthy happy Salmon Faverolle <3 He looked her over and could see she wasn't too well but could be treated and said he had checked the rest of his flock for any signs of which he said there were none. He's going to isolate and treat her, which I was glad about as I felt guilty handing her back over, poor thing. My new girl is great though and very friendly so I'm pleased!
Glad that worked out for you! SF are so cute!

Back
Top Bottom