Supposed to be Jersey Giants

Serenity06

Songster
8 Years
Aug 20, 2015
southern Alabama
Bought these two from TSC and they were supposed to be Jersey Giants but they're not looking like it. Both have brown on their back and wing feathers and one even has a white wing feather. What else could they be?
1000014038.jpg
1000014039.jpg
1000014035.jpg
1000014040.jpg

Some black Jersey Giants develop red leakage like this. It is not a desirable trait, but hatchery quality giants aren't the best representation for Jersey Giants anyway. Also, given that they came from TSC it's entirely possible they were accidentally mislabeled.

Some black Jersey Giants develop red leakage like this. It is not a desirable trait, but hatchery quality giants aren't the best representation for Jersey Giants anyway. Also, given that they came from TSC it's entirely possible they were accidentally mislabeled.
Thank you for your response! I hope the first scenario is the case. I definitely don't mind if they're not solid black or high quality I just want Jersey Giant pullets and it's extremely hard to find any sexed chicks from a reputable source in my area unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom