Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Tomorrow the great shipped egg experiment goes to lockdown...but 4 SFH look to be quitters. 2 look good. If I can get 2 girls, I would be delighted.

ALL the local eggs look fabulous. I wonder how many will be more black roosters.
he.gif
I was so hoping you would have better results. I hope at least those 2 hatch.
fl.gif
Were they in the cans, the mylar or just bubble wrap?

I wish I had one of this gourgous breed.
What part of Texas are you from? I have Swedes that must be re-homed. That would include at least one mille fleur hen, born in early June this year. Then I have five little babies born about a month ago, four crested and one not. All are that ginger color and probably will be mille fleur too. I'm in southern NM, about a day's drive from San Antonio and only 45 minutes from El Paso. Let me know if you are interested and I'll send along some photos. : )

I've been MIA for awhile! Our internet is horrible right now, not sure why! Love all the pics! Also been working on our floor plan to start building our house! WOOHOO!

I was outside yesterday and got pics of all my different Swedes.

2 Face

BB

Runt

Keni

Batch born 10/16 - they don't have names yet

I've been MIA for awhile! Our internet is horrible right now, not sure why! Love all the pics! Also been working on our floor plan to start building our house! WOOHOO!

I was outside yesterday and got pics of all my different Swedes.

2 Face

BB

Runt

Keni

Batch born 10/16 - they don't have names yet

The babies are so cute and your older ones are growing nicely!

:he  I was so hoping you would have better results. I hope at least those 2 hatch. :fl  Were they in the cans, the mylar or just bubble wrap?

Totally random. One can, one bubble wrap.

I wonder if they just get zapped too much on the way here to hatch. Total bummer. The question now will be whether or not they hatch. I have run into a couple local people who say they won't do shipped eggs because they can't get them to hatch either. Weird, huh.

But the local eggs still all look amazing. Le sigh. I really don't need more mutts. The last 3 I hatched are still feathering out and thus in the brooder. These new ones will be living in a box!

Totally random. One can, one bubble wrap.
I wonder if they just get zapped too much on the way here to hatch. Total bummer. The question now will be whether or not they hatch. I have run into a couple local people who say they won't do shipped eggs because they can't get them to hatch either. Weird, huh.
But the local eggs still all look amazing. Le sigh. I really don't need more mutts. The last 3 I hatched are still feathering out and thus in the brooder. These new ones will be living in a box!

Sorry it isn't going as hoped this time around.
sad.png
Hopefully all the ones that are still growing will hatch out OK.
fl.gif

There are a number of us SFH lovers in VA (not all on BYC, but I've got connections :) I'll have eggs this spring and probably looking to trade and mix-n-match with other breeders. Perhaps we'll all decide on a location part way down 81 in VA and all meet for a SFH party. I'm in the southern part of VA, but willing to meet somewhere.

Once I get a bigger coop, I'll be looking for more SFH pullets myself.

Back
Top Bottom