Swollen eye!

bgage

In the Brooder
Jul 24, 2023
Hi! Help needed for a very inflamed eye! I came home today to one of my chickens left eye extremely swollen, this morning it was completely fine and i cant seem to figure out the cause. She has been acting completely normal with no nasal or chest problems, no crust or leaking in the eye either. I want to help her feel better as quickly as possible. Should I call a vet? Any ideas on what could possibly be happening? Thank you so much!

Attachments

• IMG_0433.jpeg
    IMG_0433.jpeg
    748.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0432.jpeg
    IMG_0432.jpeg
    742.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
This might be an insect sting or bite of some kind.

Did you already look inside her beak to see if something got stuck?
Nothing in her beak thankfully that was a fight 🤣

Hoping it’s something like that. Maybe a bee sting? Or even worse parsnip burn. Any recommendations for topical ointments to help ease pain? Many many thanks!!!!

Nothing in her beak thankfully that was a fight 🤣

Hoping it’s something like that. Maybe a bee sting? Or even worse parsnip burn. Any recommendations for topical ointments to help ease pain? Many many thanks!!!!
You could use some prednisone cream several times a day.

Thank you so much for all the help, I really am so grateful!
The benedryl worked great Friday into Saturday and it seemed it be doing well, but this morning her eye is completely sealed shut and crusted over. I am worried sick and don’t know what to do. Terrified it’s coryza. Any ideas?? My poor girl!

Attachments

• IMG_0438.jpeg
    IMG_0438.jpeg
    733.2 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom