Tap for grain barrel

Maron

Chirping
Apr 24, 2020
I have a large plastic barrel and I would like to add something like a tap to it so that I can draw grain/ground grain more easily. Could you give me some advice to prevent grain from clogging up in the tap? Something like this would make feeding the birds a lot easier...

Oh. That is the same person and feeder I meant but not the same video. The one I watched had great detail in how he designed it, tested it, and tweaked it. It showed the cone inside the barrel.

It matters how big the cone is compared to the barrel and what shape it is.

It probably matters whether there is one tap or several and where they are placed. At least to size and shape the cone.

I suppose the cone should be called a baffel because if you have few enough taps you might need a different shape.

I have a large plastic barrel and I would like to add something like a tap to it so that I can draw grain/ground grain more easily. Could you give me some advice to prevent grain from clogging up in the tap? Something like this would make feeding the birds a lot easier...
an Archimedian screw won't clog - if you can find one the right size for your purpose.

Back
Top Bottom