Teeny tiny white worms

So now you need to find out where they are on your chicken. Check around her vent area real good. Look under her wings for any wounds, and between her legs. Part her feathers everywhere. Use your nose, too, is there an odor about her anywhere?

Ok. So have caught her and isolated her. She immediately pooped diarrhea poops in the crate and she has 1 cm to 1/2 in white thin round worms ā€œswimmingā€ in the stool. Clearly worms. I have Valbazen. But I am not sure how much to administer and frankly how to administer it. And am guessing I should do the flock of 8.

Could you tell if they were maggots or roundworms?
Yes. The tiny things were maggots that were from the roosting tray. I isolated the hen and she immediately pooped in the crate. It was diarrhea and it had 1/2 ā€œ white worms ā€œswimmingā€ in the diarrhea. I did not find any evidence of fly strike. So I believe the fly larvae is a separate issue

Valbazen: Dose each chicken orally using a syringe without a needle.
Dosage is 0.08ml per pound of weight, or 1/2ml given orally for a 5lb chicken. Repeat dosing again in 10 days.
It's best to worm them early in the morning when it's still dark, they will be easier to pull off the roost and worm them one by one.

Back
Top Bottom