Texas

You're right that behavior does sound boyish. I have two that screamed boy last week with behavior like that but now one of them looks and acts more like a girl so...
hu.gif

ya its hard to be totally sure until they lay an egg
lol.png
but out of all 10 or so hatches that i did last year ( all about 12 eggs each) i only have around 10 hens and 6 girl chicks my other hens i bought from a woman out in Burnet tx. so out of around 120 eggs i only got 16 girl chicks. so with my hatching odds its most likely a roo
big_smile.png

Quote:
Hi RKPatt,
I am in Decatur not to far from you. My husband does the Cleburn fleamarket every week. We have a few RIR, Red Sex link Hen had 2 I just got and not to sure where the other one went to. I have some bantams, silkies, I just got them as well just before the snow storm. The silkies are white and black/ gray I have males and females of those, the bantams think I roo and 4 girls I did not get them DH surprised me with them and I have not had a chance to really sit out there with them and see who is who. Between the weather and my crzy schedule.

I also have a horse, donkey, cow, 2 pet pot belly pigs and a meat pig along with the chickens.
we also run a animal rescue out here in decatur for farm animals. we are called Rockinrrescue.

I will try and see if i can get pics this weekend was going to do it today but looks like we are hit with rain. Looking forward to meeting you.

deana

Quote:
My sister was just recently living in Bay City .. she moved back to NC.

welcome-byc.gif

.. and the Texas thread.

Quote:
Hi RKPatt,
I am in Decatur not to far from you. My husband does the Cleburn fleamarket every week. We have a few RIR, Red Sex link Hen had 2 I just got and not to sure where the other one went to. I have some bantams, silkies, I just got them as well just before the snow storm. The silkies are white and black/ gray I have males and females of those, the bantams think I roo and 4 girls I did not get them DH surprised me with them and I have not had a chance to really sit out there with them and see who is who. Between the weather and my crzy schedule.

I also have a horse, donkey, cow, 2 pet pot belly pigs and a meat pig along with the chickens.
we also run a animal rescue out here in decatur for farm animals. we are called Rockinrrescue.

I will try and see if i can get pics this weekend was going to do it today but looks like we are hit with rain. Looking forward to meeting you.

deana

I live in Paradise.
frow.gif
All my critters are listed below. I am still looking for a Porcelain D'Uccle rooster is anyone comes across one, or two. I will even buy chicks in the hope of getting a good rooster
barnie.gif
.... any help would be much appreciated.

if anyone wants some bantam cochin roos i have 3 they are 4 weeks old now and i have 2 little serama roos as well also 4 weeks old.
lol.png
one of the cochins is frizzled and so is one of the seramas

Oh holy cow! It's that time of year again. Several of my game hens are already on nests, and several more are looking for that right spot. WELLLLLL apparently that means that two of my house raised hens ar going to lay IN the house. Not just in the house, but in Trixie's kennel... Now they've opened the world to the wonders of laying indoors. It's so pretty outside, but I can't open my windows! I have a line ten hens long waiting to come inside! UGH.

On a side note, please pray for Blue. He has his hernia repair surgery in two days, and is also going to be neutered (finally) in the same sweep. Four months into the making the vet finally feels secure operating on Mr. Sensative Blue.

Back
Top Bottom