Texas

Well let this years bee adventure begin. I cut them out of a friends old camper yesterday I tried putting them into one of my hives this morning. I hope I got the queen and hopefully they will stay. ( For all wondering only got stung twice)
smile.png

Does anyone know anything about mason bees, and attracting them? I am about to start making nesting boxes, I am all ears and ready for your knowledge!

We are and cozy! Chicks growing well under their heat lamp! How is everyone else handling the cold weather! It sure is pretty outside!

I have not been to Schulenburg in years. I use to drive thru on the way from The Woodlands to my Mom's in Kenedy. Loved stopping at Country Bakery.

Well look at that, we're actually moving from Spring. Country Bakery is fantastic!

Welcome from the Sam Antonio area! This is a great thread.
Congrats on your new home! I know I've heard of Schulenberg, but I'm not sure if it's close to us, or because my dad drives truck all over Tx. What other towns are near your new home?

It's about halfway between Houston and San Antonio, near Weimer, Columbus, Flatonia.

I really wish mother nature would make up her mind on this weather.

That's no lie! I had planned to hibernate this lil freeze spell, but have puppies to feed a few times/day outside plus monitoring a hatching hen....brrr. Got to be out in tomorrow as it's garbage day & feed day. Yuck! Getting some light precip now, but don't think it's frozen--just drizzle/mist/light rain I think.

It's literally freezing here today. I think we will be frozen again tomorrow. But ONLY because I have fresh plants in the ground fresh out of the green house ( not because I failed to check this weeks weather before transplanting... )

My girls are not enjoying this. I've also got some four week olds huddled under a heat lamp, and I'm praying this doesn't cause a power outage. There's enough of them ( over 50 ) they would survive it but they're so used to the heat I wouldn't want to risk it....

Back
Top Bottom