Texas

I told you all I recently lost three of my precious geese...here is what we caught...........

The first night we set the trap, we caught our wild 'barn' cat...we relocated the cat.

The next night we set the trap again and something wallowed it around and set it off. We went to TSC that morning, and picked up a larger trap. This time we staked them in the ground so they couldn't be moved around.

Third night here is what we caught:

...you are probably wondering what on earth our dog is doing in the trap....

That night I had told one of the little ones to feed Rusty ( the dog), so they took his food out onto the front porch and called him...he always comes ...but this time he didn't. I instantly knew right where he was...sure enough I walked out into the backyard, looked into the goose pen where the traps were set and....

Fourth night - we finally caught the little murderer!!

The guys had fun using him as target practice. He cost me about $300.-$400 dollars. Good riddance!

~ Aspen

The guys had fun using him as target practice. He cost me about $300.-$400 dollars. Good riddance!

~ Aspen

I still have his big brother around here somewhere... but Bubba's too smart for a live trap

Glad you got him.. Was it your Sebbies that he got?
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I told you all I recently lost three of my precious geese...here is what we caught...........

The first night we set the trap, we caught our wild 'barn' cat...we relocated the cat.

The next night we set the trap again and something wallowed it around and set it off. We went to TSC that morning, and picked up a larger trap. This time we staked them in the ground so they couldn't be moved around.

Third night here is what we caught:

...you are probably wondering what on earth our dog is doing in the trap....

That night I had told one of the little ones to feed Rusty ( the dog), so they took his food out onto the front porch and called him...he always comes ...but this time he didn't. I instantly knew right where he was...sure enough I walked out into the backyard, looked into the goose pen where the traps were set and....

~ Aspen
Glad you got him! Looks like he was living the high life until you brought him down.

I still have his big brother around here somewhere... but Bubba's too smart for a live trap

Glad you got him.. Was it your Sebbies that he got?
hugs.gif
He killed one of my tufted Sebbie project girls, Princess my favorite curly white Sebbie...if I was allowed to have indoor geese..she would have been inside. He also killed Cotton, my smooth Lavender Saddleback gander that I had shipped in from Florida. I cried the whole day..I cannot even think about it without wanting to puke! My poor babies
hit.gif

Glad you got him! Looks like he was living the high life until you brought him down.
Me, too. I prayed very hard that we'd catch him. He had a very expensive diet....

~ Aspen

He killed one of my tufted Sebbie project girls, Princess my favorite curly white Sebbie...if I was allowed to have indoor geese..she would have been inside. He also killed Cotton, my smooth Lavender Saddleback gander that I had shipped in from Florida. I cried the whole day..I cannot even think about it without wanting to puke! My poor babies
hit.gif

Me, too. I prayed very hard that we'd catch him. He had a very expensive diet....

~ Aspen

hugs.gif

at least he's gone now...

Well this was a great day and an awful day at the same time. My feather leg bantams from Ideal came this morning (expected them yesterday) so that made me happy. But then one of my sweet ladies got killed by a dog.
hit.gif
I honestly can't make up my mind whether to giggle and coo at the chicks or cry for my poor australorpe girl. And one of my sweetest ones too.

On the subject of new chicks. Any of you have experience with a chick who just seems plain evil? I don't know what to do with this one she keeps grabbing all the others and dragging them around by their eyelids! She tore one of their eyelids a little and I have her in a separate little box for now, but hate for him/her to be alone all the time.

Well this was a great day and an awful day at the same time. My feather leg bantams from Ideal came this morning (expected them yesterday) so that made me happy. But then one of my sweet ladies got killed by a dog.
hit.gif
I honestly can't make up my mind whether to giggle and coo at the chicks or cry for my poor australorpe girl. And one of my sweetest ones too.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss :( Did the dog jump a fence or something? That just is painful. I can totally empathize with your not knowing which to do - coo or cry.

I have as yet to have a 'sweet' Australorp; but, hearing that you have makes me hold out hope.

On the subject of new chicks. Any of you have experience with a chick who just seems plain evil? I don't know what to do with this one she keeps grabbing all the others and dragging them around by their eyelids! She tore one of their eyelids a little and I have her in a separate little box for now, but hate for him/her to be alone all the time.

I wouldn't be feeling bad about isolating her. I'd be changing her name to dinner and keeping her in isolation. But, I don't let my animals pick on each other or they are toast. Even my fish. LOL

Hi all, I'm new here and am looking for some laying chicks. I live in the Bastrop/Smithville area and would like to have Dominiques. I've checked the mail order places but they require minimum orders and I only have room for 5 at most... at least for this year.
lol.png

I'd be interested if anyone has Dom chicks they's like to sell.

Thanks,
Karen

Back
Top Bottom