Texas

I MIGHT be able to get you some heritage turkey eggs (mixed breeds)

Just have to see if the girls will keep on laying or not...

Hi!
  I see you aren't too far from me :hugs :love  My geese are still laying - they are a Black African Gander and 2 White Chinese Gooses. If you cross these 2 breeds you get a Brown Chinese. I would be glad to gather their eggs for you. You can have them for free. Do you ever come down Bulverde way? North of San Antonio. That would even save you the cost of shipping :hugs :love

I would love to get someeggs from both of you I'm off Sundays and MondaysI work in Taylor live in Bastrop and travel to Lockhart or San Marcos most Mondays in the afternoon

Last edited:

A quick shot of my coup and run, finally with some residents! Run is about 20'x20' covered with netting. And the coup is 8x8. Details are steadily being done here and there but there she is!
Glad you got done congrats!

Hello from Rockport, Texas, (that's on the Coastal Bend, about 35 miles North/East of Corpus Christi.   Gwynne and I (Larry) are just getting into rasing chickens, so we are the 'newbees' and will be trying to "get our ducks in a row" before we get the chickens.  Please forgive the 'dumb' questions, and we try to look up the FAQ before we ask, however trying to find a quick answer in 1500 posts......You Know What I Mean (YKWIM)..
Welcome!

Hello from Rockport, Texas, (that's on the Coastal Bend, about 35 miles North/East of Corpus Christi. Gwynne and I (Larry) are just getting into rasing chickens, so we are the 'newbees' and will be trying to "get our ducks in a row" before we get the chickens. Please forgive the 'dumb' questions, and we try to look up the FAQ before we ask, however trying to find a quick answer in 1500 posts......You Know What I Mean (YKWIM)..
Welcome! I don't know about everyone else, but I actually enjoy the dumb questions... it makes me look smart.
gig.gif
Ask away. And we were all newbies once.

Cockle Dood,

Great coop! It looks like you put in alot of hard work. With dogs, you may want to e sure the run can't be dug into, but, then, you probably thought of that already.

Kili.. I'll catch your video later (gotta show my husband)

and guys.. if I am a bit AWOL for the next few days it's because my husband is home from Afghanistan!
love.gif

He was wounded in early March.. so they finally sent him home... now I have to catch up on spoiling him rotten

I do want to thank y'all for keeping me company and helping to keep me busy .. and i know I didn't tell most of you about it.. but it's one of those things where we just aren't allowed to say much...
so thanks again!
So glad your DW is home. Sorry about the circumstances and hope he is speedily mended.

Cockle Dood,

Great coop! It looks like you put in alot of hard work. With dogs, you may want to e sure the run can't be dug into, but, then, you probably thought of that already.
its got a full concrete slab under the run bout 6" underneath the acquired topsoil....use to be for hogs years and years ago before the chainlink.

Back
Top Bottom