Texas

Is anyone going to the Austin Poultry Meet Up meeting this upcoming Saturday?
I have never had the chance to make any of the meetings but if the weather is pretty, I was going to drive to Austin, its being held at a little organic farm only 3 miles from the Capital... I thought that sounded pretty interesting.

Last edited:
Quote:
Welcome to the the Texas thread!

Glad to see you found us !!

frow.gif

Sorry I missed the show Saturday .. my FIL was in surgery Friday nite and they decided to amputate his leg Saturday morning .. somehow nothing else seemed so important. So we spent the weekend with FIL in the hospitall..

I hope everyone had a blast!

~dw

Really sorry to hear about your FIL. Hope he heals soon, and gets better fast. I can understand that a poulty show would come up way short of attention when something like this is happening in the family. There is always next year ! Prayers to your family and your FIL.

Kacey

Quote:
I doubt it, Kim, I'll be going to LaGrange in March so I really can't make a trip to Austin this weekend. Sounds interesting, though. If you go, make sure to let us know all about it.
TexasGal-I'm sorry to hear about your father in-law. That is definitely where you needed to be! Hope all goes well for him and he makes a quick recovery.

SAKim wrote:

If the weather isn't awful, I will be there.​

SAKim wrote:

If the weather isn't awful, I will be there. The farm is also going to be on the coop tour.​

Pigeon, what did you think about that little White Call drake that won in the juniors show?
I laughed when I was telling a friend of mine about him, I told her when I saw him, it was like he had a light around him and I heard music. Most gorgeous example of a Call I've ever seen. I'd love to get my hands on some of that birds offspring!

Quote:
If the weather isn't awful, I will be there. The farm is also going to be on the coop tour.

I am excited to hear the Farm is going to be on the Funky Coop Tour... I think I am intrigued that someone can have a little farm just 3 miles from the Capital. I live in downtown San Antonio -- I love living downtown close to everything ... I always tell my husband when we win the lottery, that I want to buy a downtown abandoned building with a nice big parking lot and turn it into my home and nice big yard... I have an entire fantasy about it in my head...

I'm also looking forward to the Coop Tour... I just found out about it right after I got my chickens last summer, so I missed 2010's but I LOVE looking at the pictures!

Quote:
EastTxChick... I have a picture in my mind of you just thinking and dreaming about that little white Call Drake for the last two days... duck-dreaming...lol

Back
Top Bottom