The ‘I’ve Got The COVID Shot Club’!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also like to ask (kindly) that if it's about people's emotional health, why is this thread still open? There is very clearly on both sides stress, defensiveness, anger, so on and so on. I'm not trying to hate on people, but I don't really understand.
Exactly exactly ❤️

Why is this thread allowed? But a thread for the unvaccinated got locked almost right away? I just saw a post on THIS thread telling the unvaccinated to go start there own thread. I've seen us try multiple times to get ourselves a thread for the unvaccinated....... It's simply not fair. And I know if I talk about it I'll get in trouble....please just let me get an answer :hmm
Read this please:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/proudly-unvaccinated-for-covid-thread.1501433/post-25109145

And this:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/the-‘i’ve-got-the-covid-shot-club’.1469031/post-25109374

I would also like to ask (kindly) that if it's about people's emotional health, why is this thread still open? There is very clearly on both sides stress, defensiveness, anger, so on and so on. I'm not trying to hate on people, but I don't really understand.
It didn't used to be like this, but then a group with an agenda and attitude started posting .

I skimmed through this entire thread last night, emphasize 'skimmed', as it did get difficult, at least, at times. Aunt Sophie's blog isn't going to be all that reliable a resource, for sure.
Enough!
Over decades, and some foreign travel, we've had many different vaccines, a couple as volunteers in vaccine trials, and we were delighted to get all of them. This drama over a very well tested product seems like a lot of whining to me, from folks who don't remember smallpox or polio, who didn't have measles or chicken pox, or shingles, never mind typhoid, typhus, or cholera. And who have safe products against rabies, as so many in the world don't.
Rant over.
Mary

The hpv vax was a controversial issue as well, and I remember many parents banding together to stop this from becoming mandatory, no matter what side they were on. The battle to prove or disprove the vaccine's effect on birth rates still wages on today.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31821111/

Read the retraction response from one of the authors of the article to see more on this battle.

I know it's not the same as a respiratory illness that people are afraid of dying if they contracted it, but the point is; nobody should force anyone to take a risk like this. Especially at such a young age as they are trying to make available.
Recently, the Pfizer company presented some of their data to prove the safety and efficacy of the vax. And in this presentation they explained how they came up with that data. Many feel like there is not enough data and serious flaws in their data collection methods...:confused:

Covid vaccinated, flu vaccinated, shingles vaccinated - :yesss: Haven't had so much as a cold in 20 months. I will continue masking and social distancing out of respect for others and to hopefully maintain my 'cold free' status. I live in a county that is 86% vaccinated, and our numbers are down.
I have also stayed well. I think other countries have found an answer in staying well by wearing masks. I also continue to wear a mask. Shingles ey? I've considered it. Husband got it years ago. He was miserable! Got the shot after, never got it again.

Last edited:
Shingles ey? I've considered it.
I presume you had Chickenpox? If so, get the vaccine, you've seen what can happen if you get shingles. Mine was on my back, some people get it IN their throat!

:(

Still not old enough for it.
How old are you? They are giving Shringrix to people 50 and older. Had to be 60 IIRC for the prior shingles vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom