The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
celebrate.gif
MY CHICK IS FINALLY HATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My first chick to ever hatch myself! doh My gosh!

You actually don't need a kiddie pool for the ducks. As long as they have a deep enough bowl to dunk their heads and clear out nostrils.

I have 3 khaki cambells that only get a deep bowl.
About once every two weeks I will fill the pool up halfway to let them have a swim and play, but immediately they poop in it and it becomes yuck. So I leave it up or a day or so, then dump it n the back of our property. We also have swamp yard here in PA. Ill show u pics of my set up

Good pool idea! THEY LOOK HAPPY!!! <3

Since everyone is talking about ducks what are some breeds that are flightless?

I have runners ducks.... flightless yes..... however unless if your entire yard is fenced I do not recommend getting runner ducks at all. true to their name they are runners and they are fast!! I can't catch them ha I can't even corner them..... they stay in their pen unless if they get out.... if they get out I actually send my Jack Russell mix to retrieve them. he is as quick as them and doesn't bite at them. right now I have two runners set up with a small pond inside of a 26 foot by 14 foot enclosure.

You actually don't need a kiddie pool for the ducks. As long as they have a deep enough bowl to dunk their heads and clear out nostrils.

I have 3 khaki cambells that only get a deep bowl.
About once every two weeks I will fill the pool up halfway to let them have a swim and play, but immediately they poop in it and it becomes yuck. So I leave it up or a day or so, then dump it n the back of our property. We also have swamp yard here in PA. Ill show u pics of my set up

love them!

Quote: X2 how funny an cute!

One of Marshies chicks hatched last night! Its a cute little blonde one, so im thinking its part buff laced, since my breeder doesn't separate his colors. I relly hoping its a girl! I also hope the next one that hatches is brown or grey!

:weee

The other egg is pipped as well, so it should be out by dinner time. Im relly wanting to buy 2 other ameraucana chicks or polish chicks from my breeder to raise along with these! OH WHAT TO DO!

Precious! Get them for sure!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom