The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Pics
Yes, Wheaten is recessive so two wheaten birds can only produce wheatens
I thought there was also dominant Wheaten?

Which one of the Wheatens have chicks with a black line on their heads? Recessive Wheaten, or Dominant Wheaten?
20200627_155513.jpg

Sorry, I am not understanding your nomenclature

These are the correct terms

Parent Line A: It's used for the most important line where one would be doing the back crossing to
and Parent Line B

F1: The result of crossing PA with PB
F2: The result of crossing F1 x F1
BC1A: The result of crossing F1 x PA

Also in genetics males take precedence over females so if you are crossing a Welsumer female with a Maran male you would write it as Maran x Welsummer
So much to learn, thank you for bearing with me! I think I got a few lines crossed in what I wrote, my ultimate goal is green speckled eggs.

Parent Line A: Welsummer Heritage (speckling eggs is my goal so I think that makes these the most important line)
Parent Line B: Blue Americauna

A) Would it be correct then that it should be:

F1: Welsummer male x Blue Americauna Female
F2: F1 male x F1 female
BC1A: F1 male x Welsummer female

B) Does that mean there is also a BC2A concept (etc) and it goes:
BC2A: F2 male x Welsummer female

So much to learn, thank you for bearing with me! I think I got a few lines crossed in what I wrote, my ultimate goal is green speckled eggs.

Parent Line A: Welsummer Heritage (speckling eggs is my goal so I think that makes these the most important line)
Parent Line B: Blue Americauna

A) Would it be correct then that it should be:

F1: Welsummer male x Blue Americauna Female
F2: F1 male x F1 female
BC1A: F1 male x Welsummer female

B) Does that mean there is also a BC2A concept (etc) and it goes:
BC2A: F2 male x Welsummer female
Yes, that sounds very good

Dominant Wheaten is actually Co-dominant over e+, eb and recessive to ER and E. Recessive Wheaten(e^y) is actually pretty rare

Dominant Wheaten is actually Co-dominant over e+, eb and recessive to ER and E. Recessive Wheaten(e^y) is actually pretty rare
Okay, I just got confused for a moment.
What form of Wheaten has the black head stripe?

I'm sick today.

That could be due to many things. but it does not seem to be heterozygous Wheaten.
I read something about head stripe in Wheaten Ameraucanas a few years ago, I wasn't able to find it again. It specified the cause, was hoping you may know.

Back
Top Bottom