The Buckeye Thread

Pics
Not to stir the pot, but I finally managed to get a few shots of the feather stubs I had asked about earlier.

I haven't noticed them on any of my other birds so far, but I will certainly be keeping a close eye out before keeping any birds in the future. FWIW, we will not be keeping this cockerel. We were going to keep him until a few of the cockerels from the Mother's Day hatch were more mature, but since he went after my four year old yesterday we probably won't be keeping him much longer than what it takes for my husband to heal enough to be weight bearing.
Good decision. I hate to hear of nasty Bucks though. They happen I supposed. I had a Welsummer who has some very light stubs in their feet this spring too.

Young pullets out of there run in the yard for the first time.
[/IMG]

Here is one of my 5 remaining Buckeyes out of the 16 I started with. My luck has not been too good with them. Good News is I still have 19 of the 20 BA's I started with.

Dan

Last edited:
Got a new camera, one that isn't a camera phone! So I'll be able to post some pics of my birds here that won't have grainy quality or heavy blue tint to them!

Currently only have pictures of a Cockerel I received from Laura not too long ago. Used him to test the camera out.

Still in an awkward stage, he isn't fully grown. So hes a tad scrawny, has a nasty looking tail with exposed fluff. But he has good type so far.

Back
Top Bottom