The Buckeye Thread

Pics
14 week old cockerels.

Just have to say how much I love Google Books. Found some interesting info yesterday that I cut and pasted together into one piece. This is from "The Mating and Breeding of Poultry" by Harry M. Lamon and Rob R. Slocum back in 1920, just 16 years after the Buckeye was admitted to the Standard: (funniest part was, after I did all that, I found the darned book on my bookshelf, guess I'd forgotten I bought it!):

This is a composite I created from two articles in the 1912 American Poultry Advocate, describing and showing the differences between Buckeyes and RIRs of the day. Thanks go out to my friend Marci for finding this for us.

Notice the backs in these two illustrations as well........Both the buckeye hen and cock have backs that go uphill. Hmmm. Interesting. Thanks for posting this as well, Laura. I love the old poultry books and this is the first that I have not seen before, on a certain web page.
This is a composite I created from two articles in the 1912 American Poultry Advocate, describing and showing the differences between Buckeyes and RIRs of the day. Thanks go out to my friend Marci for finding this for us.

Back
Top Bottom