The Calico/Aloha/Mottled Naked Neck Thread

Pics
@alohachickens

Have you gotten chicks this color ( one extra dark and one appears to be almost bluish cast)?

I have a couple of wing shots:

That may not be blue though, I had no blue hens in that run nor any that should carry blue.

BTW: the Aloha rooster jumped at me yesterday. He didn't try it today. Watching to see if he get the nerve to try it again.

@alohachickens

Have you gotten chicks this color ( one extra dark and one appears to be almost bluish cast)?

I have a couple of wing shots:

That may not be blue though, I had no blue hens in that run nor any that should carry blue.

BTW: the Aloha rooster jumped at me yesterday. He didn't try it today. Watching to see if he get the nerve to try it again.
I'm not sure - I have had some dark ones but I can't tell from those photos if it's just "baby black" (soft fuzzy black) or what? Sorry can't be more help here, LOL!

I'm not sure - I have had some dark ones but I can't tell from those photos if it's just "baby black" (soft fuzzy black) or what?   Sorry can't be more help here, LOL!

You know that is starting to favor a Partridge color to me. Since the last batch showed up with the calico look the suspected mother if the hens now is believed to be my Motyled Partridge hen, so that could be a throw back to her. I'm watching them anyway.

No spots showing up yet. If they are like the last batch it will be what they are 2 1/2 to 3 weeks old before they start showing.

Last edited:
Technically not a mottled, but maybe a carrier.

What a sex link cross should look like.
The Spangled Aloha rooster over a Barred Naked Neck.

Checked the other chicks from the red hens and not really showing much mottling yet and looks like mostly cockerels. Blasted hens looks like rooster producers.

Also checked the Red Mottled NN rooster over the Mottled Partridge NN hen and not a lot mottling showing up again and it looks like out of the three chicks hatched two cockerels and one pullet. One of huge cockerels though looks like he will homozygous of the naked neck and maybe a few mottles, will watch him closely.

Another leg band and sex check today. I'm still nit positive on the sexes yet, but should be by next week.

Here are some pictures if, I think, the cockerels from the Spangled Aloha rooster over the Mottled Partridge hen.

Okay the light colored one surprised me too, but then having a Red ( basic color) with some mottles maybe I shouldn't be. Looks like he may be a good mottled. I'll definitely be watching him.

The next photo is by the same rooster out of a Silver ( as in colored like a Silver Leghorn hen).

Now for the guesses on the pullets.

These two are from the Red Mottled NN rooster out of the Mottled Partridge NN hen.

Red Mottled NN rooster out of the Silver NN hen.

All the above are by the Spangled Aloha rooster out if three red NN hens.

The red is by the same rooster and out of one if the red hens. The black one is out of a barred hen. This one looks like a solid black.

These two by the same Spangled rooster out of barred NN hens. These two look like typical Black Sex Link pullets.

Last edited:
@alohachickens

See the Aloha in front on this photo?

Well there is no Aloha in him.
He's by this rooster:

And out of this hen:

This is what I've been trying to get from them. This is the first one. First cross together produced 6 three cockerels and three pullets. All were some way mottled partridge. This time four two pullets and one cockerel mottled partridge and this calico cockerel.

@alohachickens

See the Aloha in front on this photo?

Well there is no Aloha in him.
He's by this rooster:

And out of this hen:

This is what I've been trying to get from them. This is the first one. First cross together produced 6 three cockerels and three pullets. All were some way mottled partridge. This time four two pullets and one cockerel mottled partridge and this calico cockerel.
How awesome! Can't wait to see these grow out. :)

Back
Top Bottom