The EE braggers thread!!!

So here is my only adult EE. I think about getting rid of him on a constant basis because he crows literally every 10 seconds in the AM but then I always change my mind because he is so beautiful :)

Maybe a silly question, and I'm sure the answer is in the thread but there are so many pages to read! I hatched a brown egg from a farmyard mix I picked up locally, mostly barred rocks and marans, but she said she had some americana (ee I am sure). One is definately a barred rock, I got one yellow chipmunk chick, and one crazy brown one. The chipmunk has developed white and grey patterned feathers and her legs look light slate to me. My question is, can you hatch an ee out if a brown egg, and is the blue egg gene maternal or paternal?

It's possible as long as the rooster was an Easter Egger and has the blue egg gene to pass on. It's not a given that the EE rooster is carrying the blue egg gene, though.. The resulting chicks would likely lay some shade of green. Chickens can inherit egg color from either parent.

I've got to get some pictures of my current crop of EEs. Looks like mostly boys- sigh. I will have some very attractive ones to choose from for next year's hatches, though, so there's a silver lining.

Jerry, I love the fanned tail on that pullet.

Last edited:
I've got to get some pictures of my current crop of EEs. Looks like mostly boys- sigh. I will have some very attractive ones to choose from for next year's hatches, though, so there's a silver lining.

Jerry, I love the fanned tail on that pullet.

Thank you . These are auto sexing at hatch like the Cream Legbar .

Hoot taking a nap with my 12 year old.

Back
Top Bottom