THE FIRST EGG MY CHICKENS LAID

Pics
This is our Delaware (Della), Ameraucana (Mary), and Welsummer (Summer), respectively. They are between 19 and 21 weeks old and we are checking daily for our first egg.
20170729_095320-1-1.jpg 20170729_095208-2.jpg 20170729_095208-1.jpg

Hello ADVaughn, I hope that your egg come soon :) . It is very eggciting. Your picture didn't come through though. Try again please. I would love to see them :)
Huh....weird. I can see them. It was three pictures actually. And thank you! Still nothing today.

image.jpeg
I got my first egg today from my Blue Cochin large breed. She is 22 weeks and 4 days old. It was a small egg because it was her first one. I am so excited! : ) Here is a picture of it.View attachment 1076127
I got my first egg ever last Friday from one of my two EEs (Laya) - she and Peep (a Barred Rock) are the first to show signs. They're 18.5 wks old. I only have four - 2 EEs, the Barred Rock and a Gold Laced Wyandotte. Laya gave us a second egg 48 hrs later but nothing since. I did find a weird one out in the yard that I think may have come from Peep. It was just a yolk in a membrane, just laying in the yard along one of the worn paths that is a high traffic zone for people and pets alike.
Such an exciting time! :)

View attachment 1076447 View attachment 1076448

Here are the first two eggs. The first one was the "rubber egg", then next day I got the shelled egg. It was either Lucy (in front) or Ethyl (behind her). Though Lucy LOOKS like she's the one, since her comb is more red, I thought it was her at first. But it was Ethyl singing the egg song. And Ethyl laid another egg today... so maybe the red comb thing isn't as true as we think?

PS: Yesterday got TWO pretty eggs.. so maybe they're both laying now. They are about 24 weeks old.
Lucy and Ethyl..... Adorbs :)

I got my first egg from one of my reds yesterday, August 1. The flock is exactly 4 months old. She gave me a hard time getting it, pecked at my hand. Then she was looking for it. When she was finally off the nest she was kind of still telling me off later. Didn't expect that. She is the first of my 13 girls. Small brown egg to start.
Callander-20170801-00053.jpg
Callander-20170801-00054.jpg

Hi! We just found our first egg yesterday (so fun!) and another today. The small eggs must have come from our oldest hens, two blue wyandottes, who are 21 weeks old according to my calculations. Can't wait until our coop is finished - we currently have 12 in a stall in our barn - 11 hens (blue wyandottes, salmon faverolle, buff brahmas, light brahmas, golden laced wyandottes) and one black silkie roo.
IMG_4175.JPG

Back
Top Bottom