THE FIRST EGG MY CHICKENS LAID

@SMoss, here is a pic of the box mine came in
WP_20171013_16_37_20_Pro.jpg

Where did you purchase yours from? We went to a local Feed Store and picked them out and they were all in these little pens but don't know for sure that, that's what I got.
I bought mine from Murray McMurray hatchery but I knew that they would be Easter Eggers. Yours probably are too. Araucanas and Ameraucanas are not easy to get hold of.

Thank you so much Sarah. It is so small and cute, but I wish that I could preserve it. Lol
. "Were one of a feather, we all stick together." I felt the same way re first egg a couple of weeks ago, I still have it . Don't know what to do with it, can't keep it forever. L ol

:welcome
Yes, you can eat it assuming the chicken is in good health. The thickness of the shell doesn't affect the goodness inside. Just means it is light on calcium.

Welcome! Pull up a chair and sit a spell.

. "Were one of a feather, we all stick together." I felt the same way re first egg a couple of weeks ago, I still have it . Don't know what to do with it, can't keep it forever. L ol
I preserved some EE eggs. I took a small screwdriver and put a hole in each end and blew the egg out then I rinsed the shell out and set them up to dry. I want to make an Easter egg tree. :)

Woo I have 2-3 layers now! I have 3 distinct types of eggs. Light brownish pink, light brown and pointy and 1 that is between a cream and a light green. Woo hoo!

Great news! Today was the first day I collected 3 eggs! All white from the Leghorns. I know one of the RIR is laying from the brown ones, both of them. It is about to get busy here!

Back
Top Bottom