The Happy Egg Hatch-a-Long

The Barnyard mix eggs showed up. Beautiful, clean eggs!
20220506_143220.jpg

Potentials: ISA brown, Amberlink, Jersey Giants, leghorn, Australorp and Americana

I'm back with more eggs to hatch.
There is this egg company that is called Happy Eggs. Basically, you have to get the eggs and try to hatch them. They are refrigerated, but several people have hatched the eggs. I am doing it. You can usually find them at Wal-Mart. It seems fun. I hope they hatch. Each person can "adopt" an egg. There are only 12, so make "adoptions" very soon!
P.S. I challenge YOU to do this!
I have a question. When trying to hatch store bought eggs, do y'all leave them out at room temp or just go right into the incubator???

Quick question/random thought. Do any of the eggs have detached air cells? Most shipped eggs do and since these have been on a delivery truck I would think eggs from the store may have detached cells also.

I have a question. When trying to hatch store bought eggs, do y'all leave them out at room temp or just go right into the incubator???
Quick question/random thought. Do any of the eggs have detached air cells? Most shipped eggs do and since these have been on a delivery truck I would think eggs from the store may have detached cells also.
This is my first time setting store bought eggs. I set them in baskets lined with paper towels to allow them to get to room temp and let the condensation dry before I weighed, candled and set them. The air cells were wobbly, but not detached. I waited until the next day to turn on the automatic turner.

Back
Top Bottom