The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Roger, love that bird....he is just amazing..keep up the good work..

Personally, I worry much more about the heat with these big fluffy birds..he will be just fine renie ..a wonderful addition..I have a great shot of the southern gent out running around playing on a crisp frosty morning..crowing, trying to fly...just enjoying Life..pretty pic.just havnt loaded it up ..they are built for this cimate for sure..it's the sebrights that can't stand it..but it's the 21st century, they make a little thing called heat now..the sebrights make good use of it, The big guys arnt interested at this point.all out grazing the winter pasture And kicking up their big heels.quite a sight..my favorite is when Mrs sortie tries to fly.. she starts off, gets some good height, then somehow starts spinning, we call her the Fuddy duddy..

Last edited:

Just thought i would post a few pics of my orps.Let me know what you think of them.I really enjoy looking at the pics of these beautiful birds.Good luck at the show saturday Roger.

I would like to take this time to say I have so much to be Thankful for this yr. My daughter and grand baby moved up here last yr so we are now able to share wonderful family time with them. I have a loving husband that works hard and a dear sweet son. I am thankful for the wonderful chicken friends I have had the opportunity to make online, the fabulous Orps I have been blessed with and Because of it... I have a new adopted family. Vivi is the kind of sister I never had. Oh and Thank you Lord for a terrific hunting season too :) Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!
Renie, you are the sweetest ever. Brought tears to my eyes.

I hope you all have great day tomorrow. I sitting here thanking God for His Goodness. I am so blessed with so many Friends and family. I may not have have a lot of money but I have everything I need. I am blessed with 9 grandchildren three wonderful DILs and three sons that are a blessing to me. A wonderful husband of nearly 43 yrs. Five sisters that are precious to me, two brothers I can count on. So many friends that are like family to me and so many chicken friends that have blessed me throught the years. I just hope I can be a blessing to others.

So many of you I have had a opportunity to meet or talk to on the phone and just wish I could do that more often.
Love all your chickens and I am so thankful for such a great interest now in the imported Orpingtons and that there are now so many many varities here now that seemed like a dream just a few years ago.
I hope all the enthusiasm continues for many years and we continue to have a great number of people breeding them. My other hope is that we would be kind to one another . I hope all of you will be blessed going into the new year with your chicken dreams coming true, healthy and fertile birds and plenty of chicken feed

Back
Top Bottom