The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

As Julie mentioned, Minerva is a 50% English girl that she so kindly sent me last year to breed to Winston.  She also sent me Matilda.  While Matilda is also a beauty and a sweetheart, she is just not the looker that Minerva is.  Minerva and Winston are making some gorgeous babies, so I thought I would post a couple of pictures of Minerva and a photo of Matilda too.  My little girl "Bluebell" is of Winston and Minerva.

Matilda (with Clementine)
ClementineandMatilda02-16-10.jpg

Here is a picture of WInston and Clementine's Daddy
Picture2876.jpg

Minerva
Minerva02-16-10.jpg

Minerva and Matilda (Minerva is in the front)
02-20-10.jpg

Minerva
Minerva03-10-10.jpg

Minerva
Minerva103-10-10.jpg

Minerva and Clementine (Minerva is in the back)
ClementineandMinerva03-10-10.jpg

Minerva
Minerva07-01-10-1.jpg

As Julie mentioned, Minerva is a 50% English girl that she so kindly sent me last year to breed to Winston.  She also sent me Matilda.  While Matilda is also a beauty and a sweetheart, she is just not the looker that Minerva is.  Minerva and Winston are making some gorgeous babies, so I thought I would post a couple of pictures of Minerva and a photo of Matilda too.  My little girl "Bluebell" is of Winston and Minerva.

Matilda (with Clementine)
ClementineandMatilda02-16-10.jpg

Here is a picture of WInston and Clementine's Daddy
Picture2876.jpg

Minerva
Minerva02-16-10.jpg

Minerva and Matilda (Minerva is in the front)
02-20-10.jpg

Minerva
Minerva03-10-10.jpg

Minerva
Minerva103-10-10.jpg

Minerva and Clementine (Minerva is in the back)
ClementineandMinerva03-10-10.jpg

Minerva
Minerva07-01-10-1.jpg
Got to agree, those are some gorgeous birds!

Justuschickens the cock bird in your pictures is (was) a tank! Whew he's wide. Very nice.

Vicki, the little cockerel is just practicing his manly stance :0)

WARNING: Lots of pictures below...I apologize it is just hard to choose just a few pictures to share they are all so beautiful!
lol.png

Lavender Orpingtons 6 months old (not imported english) they have a pretty good US SOP type, very nice clean color too.

This will be my main rooster in my lavender breeding program.

Black English Orpington 6 months old... hatched and raised on our farm.

BBS English Orpingtons 16 weeks old.

Cull that Lav rooster and put your Black English boy over your Lavender hens, you'll have to work with Lav splits for awhile but you'll have much better looking birds in a few generations.

Cull that Lav rooster and put your Black English boy over your Lavender hens, you'll have to work with Lav splits for awhile but you'll have much better looking birds in a few generations.
yeah I have thought about that too. I will probably do that so I will have some splits to work with.

But I will still keep that lav roo I may want to use him in the future as he is the best lav roo I have so far

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom