The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Hey Paula - Oh good !! I'm so glad you got some babies growing. Be sure to keep me posted.

Katy -
fl.gif
for a good hatch....you too Kassandra !!

Good grief !! What a mess of eggs !!! Isn't it just so cool that these big English girls fluffy butts can cover all that mess? Love it !

Jeremy - Thelma is a beauty. She should model "plus-size" aprons
lau.gif
then the other girls would be envious and not pick on her
gig.gif

Roger - That is a beautiful little pullet. Gorgeous color and lacing already. She is going to be nice !! How old is she ?

Hello....tap tap tap

Is this thing on?

Out of the last eggs of my deceased Orp flock I have 3 chicks. They are about 2 mos old, and all roosters.
th.gif

Sorry I have been to busy to get on lately. I have so wanted to make some pics of my growers and post but I barely have time to feed them right now. Our temps are dropping down to the 40's tonite. I have had to shift all the babies around again in the last two days and put some back under lights. It will be in the 90's this weekend and will have to shift again. That's why I like to hatch in the fall if possible.
TAZ I am sorry you got only boys.

Eek! So sorry!

I wish I could offer you Orp stock. I can only offer up other stuff right now. Growing birds out is soooooooo tedious. I'm soooooooooo impatient.

Thanks all. These are the babies from the 2 75% roos I picked up from Julie In November and my hens that I hatched from Katy's eggs. Not sure how much % they were.
hu.gif

But I looked em over and 2 of the 3 have decent combs and so I will let them stay for a little while.
smile.png
I have also talked to Katy about getting some more of her eggs. I think I am ready to have some more BIG Orps. They do take forever to get to the laying stage and then even longer until they stop growing.

I didn't have to trim fluffy butts!!
wee.gif
Todays hatch from my english, 16 for 18!! Not bad!!! Pics as they grow out!

Back
Top Bottom