The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Their mother showed when she was a kid.... won all kinds of awards and such with her cochins... Now her daughter wants to show.... sooo she now has a pair of Split English from me to start out with... they want whites too and your boys look pretty good :) She is in the process of joining the UOC too :)

My kids have been outside in the Rooster grow out yards.... feathers are everywhere... they just don't look as good as they should.... I come from a dog show background... never showed a dog unless it looked its very best.... and my birds will have to meet the same criteria for me ")

I agree with that..I work from hatch to show to get ready, even then its tough because Dog hair and horse hair is a little easier than feathers.( I used to body and blanket clip dressage horses and did braid and tape mane , tails for show )..these big orp boys break feathers ect..so its a constant battle with everything from bug barriers to broken tail feathers and molting..but in the end its so rewarding..almost impossible to get perfect but as close as you can..

Glad your helping those kids, they will do fantastic with the birds..you will have to get pics for us...LOVE the show pics! ..Right now I have a few white orp breeders helping me work out some things with them....when I hand one to a kid, they will do well with it..they just arnt ready...I know what it feels like to be treated like crap over wanting them so I wouldnt do that especially to kids , But I will tell the truth about where they are at..My freind really wanted them too I told him for right now, enjoy the buffs because these need a little time....someday I will hand over some big typey birds that will do well for Jr division, part of my goal.. (if they can pick them up..LOL they are heavy)...I have quite a waiting list right here...doing the right thing requires patience.

Last edited:
[/IMG][/IMG] hens or Roos chocolate orps and black

This seems to be my weekly check in. We've been thinking roo on the splash and pullet on the Blue/Black. Still the same guesses????? They are 7 weeks in these pictures.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom