The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Here is the rooster with some more of his hens (the Easter Eggers are for eating eggs, not for hatching, but they love him just the same, LOL). His fertility has been nearly 100% and I like his splash coloring to make nice laced blues with my black hens.

Here is a group of young Orpingtons surrounding one of my Korfus pullets (second from the left).

Last edited:
Here is the rooster with some more of his hens (the Easter Eggers are for eating eggs, not for hatching, but they love him just the same, LOL). His fertility has been nearly 100% and I like his splash coloring to make nice laced blues with my black hens.

Here is a group of young Orpingtons surrounding one of my Korfus pullets (second from the left).
He looks like a good wide boy. The comb difference you are seeing is due to UK blood.The UK birds have smaller, tidier combs than the US bred birds, for the most part. Points tend to be wider, but shorter.

He looks like a good wide boy. The comb difference you are seeing is due to UK blood.The UK birds have smaller, tidier combs than the US bred birds, for the most part. Points tend to be wider, but shorter.

That is so good to know! I read about people crossbreeding and selling offspring as purebred and people using pictures of chickens that are not their own birds on auctions and I started wondering about my own flock. I think they are beautiful, the Korfus are my favorites but I wanted to add splash to my blues and blacks, but I am biased, especially when I hatch and raise them myself. This other line looked good to me, which is why I traded Call ducks I hatched and raised for them, but because I don't know where they are from it makes me wonder if they are from a reputable breeder. I trust the person I got them from was telling the truth but if she was misinformed I could be getting misinformation too. I wish she could have remembered the name of the breeder she got her hatching eggs from just so I could look up their origins. I am so glad to have been able to get my Korfus line from Julie Breedlove because Christine Korfus never answered my e-mail when I asked about getting hatching eggs (I drove through her town in September so I would have picked up eggs if she had responded).

I admit that I love the miracle of baby birds hatching from eggs and growing up into beautiful birds that make more eggs. Without acreage to raise livestock and exotics as I have done in the past, I have to settle for backyard chickens and ducks.

Last edited:
Anyone know of some good lavender breeders and if they might have some adult stock ready within the next few months. As i have decided to raise both bbs and lavender to breed and sell

Anyone know of some good lavender breeders and if they might have some adult stock ready within the next few months. As i have decided to raise both bbs and lavender to breed and sell

Why not just breed your own? All you need is a roo, you can put him over your BBS hens.

Your first generation would be all split birds, but your next generation would most likely benefit from the outcross.

Back
Top Bottom