The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Thanks Marc! These pictures really do not do them justice. I had a photographer came out to the farm last Sunday to re-take all of my birds pictures. The ones I have so far are done my me on a point and shoot camera. She brought out her SLR camera and equipment and got some nice pictures with the correct lighting. She took over 1200 pictures and when she told me it would be 2 weeks before she got the CD back to me.... I was like - I need some pics now. LOL.

Thank you!! I just love the breed (and the Gold Laced Orps........
smile.png
)
They are both such sweet birds.

WANT!!!

In late June I will be traveling from NC to Georgia to a bit north of Chicago, Ill, and back by the same route. On the way back, I would love to be carrying a few blue or splash English Orps with me, if possible. Chicks or adults will both transport easily. If anyone has any in that general line of travel, please let me know. (And if anyone has any of those awesome gold-laced, let me know! I'm smitten!)

what size nesting boxes would be good for these guys? I was going to have dh make me some that are 18 inches wide but how deep do they need to be? Is 18 inches even sufficient?

what size nesting boxes would be good for these guys? I was going to have dh make me some that are 18 inches wide but how deep do they need to be? Is 18 inches even sufficient?

Yes, it should. I have some part English that are pretty big birds that lay in a trap nest 15" high. So even if they are bigger than mine, 18" should be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom